Virtualization Design Engineer
The qualified candidate will assist the Government Lead in the daily engineering duties on systems. Other job duties and responsibilities include:
- Design, implement, and support the network to include installation, maintenance, security, and day-to-day monitoring of virtual infrastructure.
- Maintain and administer applications, custom monitors, and custom reports.
- Coordinate and manage overall system maintenance.
- Recommend and implement test sets to provide root cause analysis and resolution for alerts and events and resolve incidents in response to escalated tickets.
- Work with cluster file systems and other technologies to provide redundancy and availability for server farms and applications.
- Develop and execute software, testing, and validation procedures, programming and documentation.
- Design and customize software to optimize operational efficiency in cloud-based environments.
- Develop and integrate virtual storage console.
- Execute data store design and management.
- Support virtualization capacity, performance design, and management.
- Manage virtualization high availability/disaster recovery solution design and integration.
- Complete Virtual Switching (Vswitch) design and configuration.
- Perform tasks associated with application networking ports and protocols, Information Assurance (IA), routing and Local Area Network (LAN).
- Manage user and group permissions and security design.
- Initiate security updates in accordance with Government procedures for directory services.
- Support evaluating virtualization and network consolidation.
- Perform virtualization integration with System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) 2012, SQL 2012R2, external storage devices utilizing LUNs, quota distribution and file sharing and installation on various server hardware.
- Perform system integration with Host Based Security System (HBSS).
- Perform virtualization integration with New File System (NFS), IP Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) and Fiber Channel (FC).
- US Citizen
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of Experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Must possess Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Foundation.
- Must possess professional-level certifications in one or more technology related vendor solutions such as Veritas, EMC Corporation, NetApp, or Tivoli, or demonstrate sufficient experience in lieu of certification.
- Experience with Data Sharing, Network Attached Storage (NAS), Disaster Recovery preparation, and integration of capabilities with Cloud Computing and Cyber architectures
- Experience with administering the most current versions of Windows Operating Systems and Windows Operating Systems environments, virtual infrastructure platforms, and working with vendor-neutral virtual networking solutions and technologies.
- Experience with virtualization concepts, virtual and storage networking protocols, such as Fiber Channel protocols and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI). Experience with VMWare and Hyper-V tools and VMWare Update Manager. Experience with Hyper-V WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
LOCATION: Quantico, VA
Remote Tech Jobs