At Personio we are on the amazing journey to become the leading HR Platform in Europe!
Join our international Product & Engineering team and take an active role in shaping our engineering culture and the future of thousands of HR teams and organizations across Europe. At Personio you will have a direct impact on our product, our users, our organization, and our engineering practices.
Role & Responsibilities
As a Staff Engineer you will be a bar raiser within the Personio Engineering organization and address some of the most difficult technical challenges. How you address each challenge is up to you - coding hands-on to prototype a solution, holding technical presentations or conducting brainstorming sessions with engineers from other tribes to tackle a certain problem - it’s up to you! This is a high impact role and you will be in the lead to create the long-term technical strategy for one of Personio’s main product components.
- Lead high-impact and large-scale technical projects across the tribe and department.
- Continuously raise the bar for engineering at Personio by mentoring engineers across the tribe and interviewing for new talent.
- Drive an engineering culture of quality and innovation across teams.
- Proactively seek out new areas/common problems to be tackled by your tribe.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing and tech branding through blogging and representing Personio at conferences & tech events.
How we work
- We are transforming our PHP application into Kotlin microservices
- We are a product company so our teams are organised in a mission-based cross-functional fashion. You will work with other Backend Engineers, Frontend Engineers, Designers, Product Managers & Engineering Managers within and outside of your tribe.
- We have a “you built it, you run it” attitude and CI/CD is our second nature - we use AWS, Docker, Kubernetes, and GitLab to implement it!
What you need to success?
- Outstanding communication skills to provide technical guidance and leadership.
- Ability to navigate technical debates & drive technical alignment.
- Passion to enable others & be a force multiplier.
- Exceptional experience designing, developing and operating business critical distributed systems at scale.
- Extensive experience in building a technical strategy and driving it across multiple teams.
- Proven experience in hiring, mentoring and developing engineering talent.
- Willingness to work hands-on as a developer with a focus on complex problems with high impact.
- Experience in open source contribution and tech branding activities.
- As you are joining Personio at such an early stage, this shows us your trust and confidence in us. We would like you to benefit from the success of the company, and therefore, we offer you a competitive compensation package (salary, benefits and virtual shares).
- An inclusive, equal opportunity & multicultural work environment.
- 1,500 Euro annual development budget for attending conferences or courses, buying books, getting a coach etc.
- A high-impact work environment and short decision-making processes.
- Fun team & company events.
- Choose between three mobility options: Unu electric scooter as "company car", a JobRad® or an additional payment for a yearly public transportation ticket.
- Subsidised Qualitrain membership: For 25 euros per month you can train in 90 fitness and yoga studios, swimming pools and many other sports facilities in Munich.
- #SocialResponsibility: We are grateful for our privileges and take action to have a positive impact on the environment and society. Therefore, you will have two extra days to have #Impact: one individual and one supporting a company-wide project!