Must be a US CITIZEN
Must be Eligible to get SECRET CLEARANCE!!!
This person will have to be Eligible for Secret Security Clearance.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer/Lead QA Engineer is a senior position responsible for the Software Quality Assurance team, leading new and existing Quality Assurance initiatives, and will be instrumental in managing QA processes, driving test methods, and risk analysis.
Extensive experience designing solution architectures for an enterprise software, service virtualization, or systems integration company;
Position Description & Responsibilities:
The Lead Test Automation Engineer/Lead QA Engineer drives the test automation strategy.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer/Lead QA Engineer sets the technical direction for the QA work and leads the test automation team.
The Lead Test Automation Engineer/Lead QA Engineer works closely with development and the test team to meet the quality objectives of the client organization.
- Establish design principles for QA automation and Performance Testing present options and recommendations as needed
- Design new and maintain existing test automation frameworks
- Design and architect modular and reusable automated testing solutions that satisfy client requirements.
- Work closely with the test team to identify new automation opportunities.
- Mentor the test automation team.
- Contribute to managing of test environments.
- Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information.
- Develop and maintain a planning model that estimates the ROI of test automation. Track and report actual ROI
- Keep current with advances in automation methodologies and tools.
- Research, evaluation, and deployment of new test tools.
- Experience with Jenkins or other continuous integration software.
- Effective at quickly understanding technology and explaining it in non-technical terms;
- Demonstrated presentation and proposal writing/preparation skills;
- Define approach to test entire systems;
- Design, plan, execute, monitor, improve testing process for a testing engagement;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work independently;
- Oversee/ensure the quality of test plans, test cases, test matrix, and bug reporting
- Extensive scripting and development experience in a broad range of programming languages;
- Deep database (RDBMS) technology understanding with hands on experience in SQL and procedural languages;
- Advanced experience in Cloud and Virtualization
- The ideal candidate will have excellent English communication skills, proven leadership skills, software development experience, deep understanding of formal QA tools, methodology/processes and deep experience with service virtualization.
Qualifications or Required Skills/Competencies:
- QA professional with 8+ years software industry experience
- 8 years test automation experience with a minimum of three years at a senior level. Demonstrated. Experience in selecting, designing, and implementing test automation frameworks. Experience developing in-house automation tools
- Strong hand-on experience using Selenium Web Driver with Java
- JIRA, Confluence and Zephyr
- Expertise with continuous integration Jenkins and Electric Cloud
- Strong experience in designing and building automated test frameworks for web and mobile applications (iOS and Android) using Java
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), with specific experience and demonstrable success with the full software development lifecycle; and using the Agile Development processes
- Experience developing and testing entire systems, with capability to understand details mixed technologies
- Successful track record as a 'hands on' leader within QA teams, building and managing teams to a level of top-notch professionals
- Experience in Banking and or financial applications is a definite asset
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65.00 - $75.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Test Automation: 8 years (Preferred)
- Quality Assurance: 8 years (Preferred)
- Designing Automation Test: 8 years (Preferred)
- Implementing Automation Test: 8 years (Preferred)
- Selenium: 6 years (Preferred)
- Java: 6 years (Preferred)
- JIRA: 6 years (Preferred)
- Confluence: 6 years (Preferred)
- Zephyr: 6 years (Preferred)
- Fully Remote