GovernmentCIO is looking for an analytical, results-driven professional to join our team as a Senior Full Stack Engineer building government digital services and working on an IT Practitioner with commercial experience transforming systems and services leveraging concepts in the Digital Services Playbook with a focus on user-centered agile delivery processes. As a Senior Full Stack engineer, you will apply your agility, innovation, and expertise to build and enhance existing government platforms.
GovernmentCIO aims to transform government IT by delivering the technology-related innovation necessary to improve governmental operations every day. Come transform government IT with us.
- Rapidly deliver lightweight back-end services and maintain our front-end on a public-facing web stack.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot production application issues.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Work with Product Owners and Scrum Teams in requirements decomposition, backlog refinement, and breakdown of user stories and tasks.
- Interaction with stakeholders and SMEs in support of the Product Owner.
- Use unit and integration testing to ensure systems meet business needs.
- Ship software that impacts the lives of millions of American Veterans and their families.
- Interface with internal and Government management personnel.
- Experience in an agile environment like Scrum or SAFe.
- At least one year of direct, continuous work experience in React.js.
- At least four years of direct experience with Relational databases and SQL
- Experience using Non-Relational and Relational databases like MySQL, SQL server, Oracle.
- Must be able to design, discuss, and document system strategies for platform, applications, and networks.
- Experience designing RESTful APIs for consumption by front-end developers.
- Experience integrating with external REST web services.
- Experience integrating with external SOAP web services.
- Experience working with frequently updated open-source libraries.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented design and SOLID design principles.
- Proficient with Git, GitHub, and Markdown text.
- Proficient spelling, grammar, and communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Science, and related fields. On a special case-by-case basis, five years of related work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree for otherwise highly qualified candidates.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Cloud Formation EC2, S3, ELB, VPC, and networking in AWS
- Lambda, API Gateway, Serverless Framework
- Experience with Docker, ECS
- Experience with CI/CD implementation
- Experience with AWS EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda functions.
- Experience using JSON:API and JSON Schema standards.
- Experience supporting public-facing web applications with a large userbase.
- Experience with Reporting tools like Tableau, PowerBI.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.