If you're someone who enjoys solving complex technical problems and is looking for a fun and unique workplace, you need to check out the new opening at Tech Soft 3D! We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to design and implement our "HOOPS" Native and Web Platforms. Tech Soft 3D is the global leader in 3D development software toolkits, and our clients use HOOPS Platforms to power their engineering applications. Working alongside colleagues in our other locations around the world, we are looking for someone ready to dive into our specialized technology. This position is based in our Berkeley, CA office and is open to remote work anywhere in the US.
What You Will Do:
- Utilize your technical skills to design and develop engineering software for desktop and mobile platforms in C++
- Participate on global Scrum team
- Be the change. Analyze complex problems with engineering and geometric modeling software to identify defects or potential improvements
- Collaborate across the globe with other developers and colleagues
- Write and perform unit tests and other software QA and validation
- We want to hear your opinion and recommendations along the way! Stay well-informed of technology and market changes that may affect or enhance our products
- 6+ years' software development experience
- BS in an applicable field, preferably Computer Science or Mathematics, or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, design patterns, etc.
- Excellent skill writing and debugging C++ code
- Experience with software development on both Windows and Linux
- Exceptional analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Travel four weeks per year, as COVID restrictions allow
Experience You Should Definitely Brag About:
- Experience with software development on additional platforms: Android, macOS, and iOS
- Advanced degree in an applicable field
- Experience writing and debugging C# or Objective C
- Experience working with a global team
- Experience working in Scrum
- Experience with CAD, CAM, CAE, or other engineering software
- French language skills
Benefits and Other Cool Stuff:
Our employees enjoy a robust benefit package including fully paid medical for employees, spouse/domestic partners and dependents, (yes, you read that correctly!) a generous 401(k) employer contribution (eligible on first paycheck for US employees), bonus potential, exceptional paid time off and holidays, and sabbaticals. Not to mention, the cool perks you get as a "Techsoftian" .... Free food and beverages, dog friendly offices, awesome leadership, continuous learning, relaxed environment, fun and inclusive culture, flexibility, charitable donation matching program, an amazing recognition program (winners get an all-expense trip to somewhere in the World - COVID travel restrictions permitting) and daily high (virtual) fives.
"You almost can't walk down the street and see a man-made thing that somehow hasn't been touched by Tech Soft 3D technology. That makes me feel great." Ron Fritz, CEO
Tech Soft 3D celebrates and is committed to diversity and inclusion.
Remote Tech Jobs