Facebook Reality Labs' mission is to give people the tools to feel connected anytime, anywhere. We create new, category-defining consumer hardware and software that are immersive, social, and increase the depth of people's connections. The team is a diverse group of problem solvers, inventors, and proven visionaries who are relentless about transforming everyday occurrences into rich experiences that have the potential to improve the way billions of people live.Facebook Reality Labs hardware, including Oculus, enables people to defy distance—connecting with each other and the world—through world-class VR hardware and software. The Fundamentals team is part of the Facebook Reality Labs organization at Facebook, responsible for developing hardware products and the software platforms that run on them — and defining the roadmap for the organization.As a Software Engineer on the Facebook Reality Labs Security and Privacy team, you'll be a part of a groundbreaking team to ensure users and developers are safe and delighted with their experiences across our platforms, devices, companion apps, app ecosystem, and more. The ideal candidate will share our passion for engineering solutions that make privacy easy, improve user trust and internal data clarity.You'll have the chance to work with many teams (e.g. product development, infrastructure, automation, research, production engineering, legal, policy) across Facebook Reality Labs and Facebook. We have the opportunity to leverage Facebook's infrastructure, which allows us to drive this in a scalable, reliable, and quick manner and provides unique opportunities for career growth.
- Design and implement systems that enhance the security and privacy of Facebook Reality Labs’ products and infrastructure
- Conduct design and code reviews
- Provide security and privacy guidance to new projects and initiatives
- Code in PHP, C/C++, Java, and Python
- 3+ years of software development experience
- BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience building systems and processes for user privacy and security
- Experience applying fundamental security or privacy concepts to systems
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of industry experience developing and implementing privacy features and solutions
- Experience designing and implementing systems for data audit and analysis
- Experience designing and implementing systems that enforce GDPR/CCPA compliance
- Experience advocating for technical privacy solutions across functional domains
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-REMOTE