“Leave no bug behind!”, spoken like a true Software Engineer in Test (SDET). With your experience, you’re ready to raise the bar of our testing game. You use your development skills to deliver software solutions for test problems. At Zivver, this means you’ll be working in the dynamic Team Pineapple (spiky, but sweet on the inside) on cutting edge security solutions – which you as a true tester try to break and therefore have a huge impact on our hundreds of thousands of end-users, including some of the biggest organizations.
You’re an evangelist of the Automate ll he Things philosophy. Because you know: spending more time on automation cuts the release times - and speeding up processes is your thing. You’re energetic, well organized, and transforming chaos into calm is how you roll. According to your hiring manager Enrico, your team deals with interesting challenges you don’t often find at other companies. “They use pre-pack solutions; in some cases, they have to make them from scratch and that’s pretty awesome.”
- Unreported bugs give you nightmares.
- Sometimes, you have to destroy something in order to build something better.
- Manual, shmanual. Talk automation to me.
A day at HQ
You kick-off your day with the Team Pineapple daily. During this meeting, you discuss a security improvement that needs some automation testing and you meet with engineer Fabio straight after. Fabio wrote it and you decide how to properly test it in a way that it can be tested every time we build the backend.
After lunch, you have a quick meeting with the other 4 test engineers who work for the other fruit-infused teams (kiwi, coconut, pineapple, strawberry, and avocado). You hear from Ruchika that the deployment went well, is tested nicely, and runs smoothly. Winning! Next up: we’re going to deploy software today, so you go through a list of things that are landing on the release so you’re all aligned. When you’re done, you prepare a couple of post-its with things you need to tell your manager Kieren in the retrospective tomorrow.
- Design an appropriate Test Plan, discuss WoW, setup DOD/DOR/AC in the team
- Design and build an automation testing framework
- Develop and maintain manual test cases in BDD format based on requirements
- Implement and maintain the automation frameworks as part of continuous integration in an Agile environment
- During each sprint, ensure that all necessary tests meet the acceptance criteria, staying on top of all important issues and helping triage bugs and drive issues to resolution, keeping everyone aware of the quality of the sprint work
- Analyze the results of the automated test runs. Troubleshoot automated tests
- Execute regression test for releases
- Produce status reports related to the testing process, including test results and defect tracking/prioritization
- Work with other QA team members on test automation strategies across the product stack
- An exciting, fast-growing, energetic environment.
- Free lunch, great food and snacks.
- A beautiful bar in our office.
- Next-gen pension fund.
- Flex holidays.
- E1.000 personal development budget annually
- QA experience 5+ years (Senior level)
- Frontend and backend testing experience
- QA Automation (BE automation on Java and FE on JS)
- ISTQB / TMap certification - nice to have
- #, .NET Core, AWS, Docker, GraphQL
- Agile background
- Proven integration testing experience
- Proven experience with any API tools
- CI/CD experience
- Open to learning new things
- Be able to work on multiple things at the same time
- You are not new to SaaS (Software as a Service) environments, hosted solutions and Web-based solutions
Attitude / Personality
- You move the test process to the next level, influence and train developers in the QA mindset
- Think in solutions, not in problems
- You reside or are willing to move to the Netherlands