We are looking for the best Blockchain + Rust engineer for our team. Some people get the best jobs because they have the right network of friends, ex-colleagues or family. But there are many people without that luck and never have that opportunity.
This is your opportunity!
We are strongly values driven. We believe that this provides the structure to scale our organization, innovate our technology and attract top talent as we strive to change the world towards a better future. These values apply to how we work and the philosophy of the solutions we create. People make the product!
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our team to develop blockchain applications (smart contract) and Rust applications to provide identity/key recovery solution. We have a world-class team consisting of front/back-end engineers, data scientists, and blockchain researchers who are passionate about our mission to help consumers take back control of their digital lives by creating simple, yet powerful and private solutions. We're looking for someone who loves building apps that are robust, fast, and easy to use, and is excited to join a team of passionate and value-driven people to make a positive impact on society.
What you’ll do:
- Build blockchain applications such as smart contract with Gnosis Safe
- Create Rust library and client with Shamir’s secret sharing scheme
- Work together in a team to determine the architecture of the solutions that integrate the applications into our mobile/web clients
- Be responsible for the quality and longevity of the code you produce
- Respond to community feature requests and bug reports
- Set your own priorities and manage your own timelines
- Help make decisions in your team on how your team works together
- Be a fun colleague and participate in activities we do together to connect as people
- Good experience in cryptocurrency (ETH), e.g. mintable token, smart contract, Gnosis Safe based multi-signature, key derivation.
- Good experience in Rust software development
- Growth mindset, e.g. if you don’t know TypeScript yet, be open to learn it
- Experience in industry’s best practices: receive and provide code reviews, write documentation etc.
- [Bonus] Knowledge/experience with Gnosis Safe Multisig
- [Bonus] Knowledge/experience with identity system in blockchain networks
- [Bonus] Knowledge/experience with blockchain protocols
- [Bonus] Knowledge of security primitives, e.g. encryption, secret sharing scheme
- [Bonus] Experience working in open-source communities
Benefits and What We Offer
As an early organization we offer a base salary with a large stake in the future upside of our effort. Our leadership has successfully started and sold previous startups, and although we have chosen an approach that puts our values first, and profit second, we still expect a good future financial outcome as well. We offer a creative, highly participatory environment without the classical top-down hierarchy. We value that each candidate brings their own unique mix of skills and experience.
We are a remote team and your location is not as important as your timezone. We operate across the European and American time zones. We believe your life outside your professional commitments should be enjoyed, and time to rejuvenate is critical to thriving. That’s why we work flexibly during the month. You commit your time for a specific number of hours during a month and you can work during the times that are most productive for you.
We have several team meetings to learn from each other and see the whole product, but also to grow ourselves by giving and receiving feedback but also to give and receive appreciation.
If you checkmark at least 5 of the items and you feel a connection to what we do and how we do it, do apply!
We really appreciate a cover letter when you apply for the job. We receive a lot of applications so the cover letter can make the difference!