We are seeking to hire two Valuation Specialists in Frankfurt to join our team. Your role will involve valuation, development and insight in quantitative model valuation framework of various types of complex derivative and non-derivative financial instruments. You will have a good mix of collaboration with different functions such as Risk and Investment and a strategic dimension to support the further growth of AllianzGI’s Alternatives business and to drive excellence in the valuation of illiquid and structured products.
- Mark-to-Model valuation of illiquid structured fixed income investments as well as linear and nonlinear equity and fixed income complex exotic derivatives applying advanced pricing tools (e.g. internal pricing engine) based on widely accepted valuation techniques
- Continuously optimize and develop the valuation framework including valuation model techniques, machine learning algorithms as well as its subsequent implementation and maintenance
- Validate models including input data analysis and evaluate the adequacy of the models and valuation techniques applied
- Cooperate closely with portfolio management and risk functions as well as external partners on valuation matters
- Set-up and improve continuously operational processes and procedures with regard to pricing routines, especially with focus on the requirements within the related regulatory framework, e.g. AIFMD
- Participate in new product approval processes with respect to the valuation of new asset classes.
- Advanced university degree in (financial) mathematics, physics, financial engineering, computer science or economics/business administration with strong focus on quantitative finance
- Several years' working experience in the field of quantitative finance with deep understanding of capital markets, ideally in the valuation function
- Profound experience with valuation techniques and model implementation as well as certifications such as CQF, FRM or CFA
- Strong programming skills with long term practical experience in one or more of C++, Python, SQL or other object-oriented languages
- Knowledge of QuantLib or machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow) is a plus
- Ability to work independently and flexibly in a team environment and to think out of the box
- Pronounced problem solving skills and an analytic way of thinking.
- High commitment, motivation, reliability, attention to detail and willingness to take on responsibility
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of German would be a plus