The Senior Software Development Engineer's role is to design, develop, test, and troubleshoot software programs and applications. This includes configuring, developing, and documenting software specifications throughout the project life cycle. The Senior Software Development Engineer adheres to architecture standards and follows best practice development standards. The Senior Software Development Engineer will take on leadership responsibilities within projects and act as a mentor to software engineers.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities, including troubleshooting.
- Planning, organizing, and decision making abilities with follow-through.
- Be a self-starter; continually seek opportunities to improve yourself, your team, and its products•Multi-task with attention to detail and deadlines
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle – design, development, unit tests, testing, and support
- Communicate potential risks, delays, concerns to manager and team
- Willingness to continually learn.
- Perform Code Reviews on teammates code check-ins to ensure standards are met
- Lead and mentor other less experienced software engineer
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent on-the-job experience required
- Over 5 years of professional experience designing and developing web based applications
- Candidate should have experience with development using a MVC Design Pattern
- Experience creating and consuming RESTful web services
- Strong work ethic & people skills