Senior Software Engineer - DevOps AWS/CodeBuild/Lambda/CI/CD/Terraform
Hove/Croydon/Exeter - Flexible
Remote at present , moving to a mix of majority home working, attending the office for critical meetings.
The role will form part of the Business Change & IT function, within the Customers business unit and our Common Services Team. The Common Services team is a “Center of Enablement”, a newly formed team (3 months) and have been setup to enable our growing product teams though the centralization and delivery of common, shared assets like API’s, best practise, frameworks (logical and ideally technical implementations of these as terraform modules or templates). But also helping provide guidance to the product teams around automation and build efficiency – ie enabling the product teams to focus on building features for their products.
The role has the potential to get more hands on with app development if that is a desire – particularly back-end skills like API build, data pipelines, event driven architectures etc
Tech and Skills:
Ideal candidate is someone who is actively leading on (showing and doing) in AWS DevOps, so solid experience of:
- Designing CI/CD pipeline flows using CodeBuild and CodePipeline
- Well versed in github administration, including hooks, actions and integration
- Experience of more “traditional” AWS infra management (as code) for ECS, ECR/K8/Docker
- Experience of modern serverless infra management via SAM, CDK, Serverless framework
- Experience of infrastructure as code via terraform, cloudformation
- Experience of cross account management, particularly how roles and access are designed & defined
- Strong automation skills and mindsets – ie scripting, jobs and essentially making our end-to-end dev pipeline slicker
- Demonstrable skills in leading in this domain – ie setting out standards, approach, defining best practise. I want the entire team to have DevOps skills but recognise that (like all skills) most people are T – shaped, and hence I’m looking for an AWS DevOps T-shaped engineer.
- Key AWS resource experience: IAM, Cognito, API GW, Lambda, SNS, SQS, S3, Cloudfront, WAF, Param Store (SSM), Cloudwatch/EventBridge
Additional skills that are beneficial
- Python, JS/TS, Go
- ReactUI - understanding how React apps run and are hosted, to guide the pipeline/build approaches
- Competitive Salary Package
- Company Bonus Scheme
- Industry leading Company Pension Scheme
- Flexible Benefits for you to choose including gym membership, healthcare, Cycle to work scheme.
- Flexible & Remote Working Options
- WFH Setup provided
- WFH Allowance
- Generous Enhanced Maternity & Paternity Packages
- Career Break Options Between One Month & Two Years
- 25 days holiday increasing with length of service with option to buy more.
- Sponsorship Of Work Related Qualifications
- Learning For All - Funding For Non-work Related Personal Development
- Force for Good Volunteering Days - Community Activity & STEM
- Inclusive & Diverse Culture Wholeheartedly Investing In Our People