Who We Are
Fund That Flip is an originator of market-leading loans for fix-and-flip, new construction, and rental properties. We also provide a platform for investors to earn passive income by investing in the real estate that we help finance.
Our engineering team builds and maintains three primary systems: the loan origination and servicing software that powers our lending operation, the investing platform that helps us raise capital, and the payment service processing millions of dollars in transactions. We expect our application portfolio will grow in short order.
Who You Are
Most importantly, they should be excited about working in a startup experiencing accelerating growth, looking to expand their capabilities and ownership of their work along with the team.
- Work with product and subject matter experts to build new platform features and integrations.
- Document work product, especially around service integrations and APIs
- Serve on an on-call rotation (during business hours) for internal stakeholders
- Improve code and test quality
- Address technical debt, fix bugs, and refactor
As a senior engineer, additional responsibilities:
- Mentor other engineers
- Stay current on best practices and provide a voice to them within the technology team, where relevant
- 7+ years software engineering experience
- 3+ years Ruby experience
- 2+ years Rails (or similar MVC framework) experience
- Experience with Relational Databases (Postgres)
- Git and source control management
- API development
- Desire for continuous learning to continually learn and improve
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ruby on Rails 5+
- Experience refactoring large monolithic rails applications and models
- Redis, Memcache
- Gem design and development
- Open Source contributions
- AWS/cloud development
- Infrastructure-as-cloud (Terraform, etc.)
- API design
- Experience with either Stimulus and/or React (web and/or native)
- Experience building, delivering and deploying via CI/CD
- An understanding of asynchronous programming and scalable systems architecture
- Familiarity with finance and real estate
- Experience mentoring mid-level and entry-level developers
- Professional certifications or publications commensurate with experience
Submit a web presence (website, github, etc.), your LinkedIn and/or resume, and a 50-words-or-less note introducing yourself and what’s interesting to you about this role. No need to submit boilerplate cover letters as they will not be read.