Would you like to contribute to high quality pensions for the current and coming generations? And do you have the drive to do investment research that makes a difference for people and the planet? Then we would like to connect with you about this position at APG Asset Management.
Senior Quantitative Equity Researcher
We offer a position in APG’s Quantitative Equity investment team in Amsterdam which is currently looking for several Researchers and Developers. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of systematic investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience. The team’s strategies will run on the investment insights you develop.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse team of ten professionals of various nationalities and be part of the broader business unit Quantitative Strategies. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We are engaging on an ambitious multi-year innovation journey, and need talent to drive that further.
What are we looking for?
- An MSc or PhD degree in (quantitative) finance, mathematics, data science, or related fields;
- At least 7 years of experience as a Quantitative Researcher;
- Experience in extracting alpha signals from large traditional and alternative datasets;
- You have affinity and hands-on experience with programming;
- You like working in a cooperative research environment;
- You can clearly communicate your research outcomes in writing and in person in English;
- You have a focus on results and you are eager to improve systems and processes;
- You are deeply interested in financial markets and have a digital mindset.
Which responsibilities will you get?
- Initiate, execute, and oversee research projects focused on enhancing the investment strategy;
- Communicate, document, and implement research results;
- Contribute to APG’s custom build IT platform for research and portfolio management;
- Stay up to date on quantitative equity developments in industry and academia.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.7 million people on behalf of several funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants in a cost efficient way. We contribute to a high quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, we provide
- Quality pension scheme;
- Year-end bonusses;
- Training and personal development.
APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title since 2008. Read more about the attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility on our career site.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Please apply by sending us a CV and a motivation letter via our Application form