Would you like to contribute to high quality pensions for the current and coming generations? And do you have the drive to build the infrastructure that makes a difference for people and the planet? Then we would like to connect with you about this position at APG Asset Management.
Senior Quantitative Equity Developer
We offer a position in APG’s Quantitative Equity investment team in Amsterdam which is currently looking for several Researchers and Developers. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of systematic investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience. The team’s strategies will run on the code and infrastructure you develop.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in assets for pension funds. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will join a diverse team of ten professionals of various nationalities and be part of the broader business unit Quantitative Strategies. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We are engaging on an ambitious multi-year innovation journey, and need talent to drive that further.
What are we looking for?
- A BSc, MSc, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Artificial Intelligence, or related fields;
- At least 7 years of experience as an Quantitative Developer;
- Professional programming skills and the ability to handle large datasets;
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills in English;
- You are a team player who likes to help colleagues;
- You have a problem solving mentality and eagerness to improve systems and processes;
- Experience developing for financial markets and knowledge of financial datasets is positively viewed.
Which responsibilities will you get?
- Maintain and develop new functionality to research investment strategies and the management of live portfolios;
- Facilitate the onboarding of traditional and alternative datasets;
- Take functional ownership of APG’s custom build data and IT platform;
- Represent the team in IT-related meetings with internal stakeholders;
- Ensure the team’s production code adheres to software development best practices.
APG is a pension provider that organizes the pensions for 4.7 million people on behalf of several funds. We provide the pensions of one in every five families in the Netherlands.
APG Asset Management is one of the largest pension asset managers in the world. We leverage all our experience, expertise and innovative power to invest the pension assets of our clients and their participants in a cost efficient way. We contribute to a high quality, affordable pension by achieving a stable, sustainable long-term return with responsible risks. For APG Asset Management, innovation and personal development are the way to keep a leading edge in pension asset management. Do you love your profession as well as a challenge? APG Asset Management offers plenty of challenges.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to a market level salary, we provide
- Quality pension scheme;
- Year-end bonusses;
- Training and personal development.
APG is proud to have earned the Top ICT Employer title since 2008. Read more about the attractive terms of employment with a focus on flexibility on our career site.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives.
Please apply by sending us a CV, motivation letter and a university grade lists via our Application form