Challenging times require flexibility and adaptability. Therefore, Siemens Mobility Portugal has created a "New Normal Working Model". This gives you the flexibility to work from the safety of your own home while you can still count on full office support.
Siemens Mobility provides integrated Mobility solutions for urban, interurban and logistics for efficient transportation of passengers and goods.
With digitalization we enable Mobility operators worldwide to make trains and infrastructure intelligent. Our business unit Software creates and develops innovative high-quality software for trip and train planning, mobile ticketing and comprehensive Mobility as a Service (MaaS) solutions. Our apps have been downloaded more than 200 million times overall.
We share one common goal: enhancing the passenger experience with our combined power for the future of Mobility.
Siemens is operating a Software Development Center in Portugal targeting Intelligent Solutions for the future of Mobility. We want YOU to join our team in the capacity of:
Senior Java Developer (m/f/d)
In this job opportunity you will be able to work in an international project with the Siemens Mobility portfolio Company eos.uptrade, the market leader for Mobile Ticketing solutions in Germany.
With us you don't just write code, you develop software. Here is what you will be doing:
- Develop our new, innovative sales and ticketing product generation based on leading edge technologies like Java , RESTful APIs, Kafka, Kubernetes in a microservice platform
- Work in international x-functional teams taking end-to-end responsibilities in requirements analysis, system design, development, integration and deployment;
- Development, pair programming, code reviews and analysis;
- Further development and optimization of our build and deployment tools with a focus on the highest possible level of automation;
- You will closely work with our dynamic and agile teams from eos.uptrade in Germany. Occasional business travel to Hamburg (Germany) and/or other locations may be required.
Spaghetti belong into the kitchen, but never in your code. Your ingredientes for the job:
- University degree in informatics, computer sciences or a similar degree;
- Long-term experience in Java backend development;
- In depth experience in Java, OOP, Java frameworks (preferably Spring Boot and/or Quarkus), SQL and GIT;
- Team player with passion for quality and the ability to transform complex and manifold requirements into efficient, sustainable and modular software components;
- Basic knowledge of containerization (Docker) and cloud-based hosting (e.g. AWS);
- Advantageous is experience with Microservices, RESTful APIs, Jenkins, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, PostgreSQL and/or Elasticsearch;
- Fluent in written and spoken English is a must; German language is a plus.
If this sounds interesting to you, please send us your CV in English
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: SIEMENS MOBILITY, UNIPESSOAL LDA
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Full / Part time: Full-time