We’re looking for a full-time remote Senior Golang developer to join our team and help to bring Open Source databases to Kubernetes. Ideally, we would love to find a Golang Software Engineer who has in-depth knowledge of both distributed databases and Kubernetes but will consider an experienced programmer who has good knowledge in either area.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will significantly impact the Kubernetes ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team, on a 100% open source project!
This position is back-end development. You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: Kubernetes, infrastructure orchestration, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL, database clustering, database high-availability, containers.
What You Will Do
- Key contributor in building and implementing the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases
- Architect technical design of new features and improvements
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to helping in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operator to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participate in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
- 5+ years of commercial experience with Golang
- Understanding of how to build distributed clusters for (at least one) PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MySQL
- Strong Kubernetes experience
- Team player first
- Desire to do QA automation work
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging, and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (speaking and writing)
What Will Make You Stand Out
- In-depth knowledge of distributed databases
- Open-source contributor of any database operator, Kubernetes, Golang
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, known community person
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.