Worksome is the new digital hub for professional freelancers and consultants. We’ve launched in 5 countries and now have 30.000+ freelance professionals and 22.000+ companies using the platform. We’re well-funded and consistently growing double-digit every month.
JOIN A FAST GROWING STARTUP COMPANY, WHERE YOU'LL HAVE IMPACT FROM DAY ONE!
We’re looking for an experienced full stack developer who works great in teams, has no problems working in a large code base and has the desire to join us on our journey to become a successful international scale-up.
You preferably have years of experience with Laravel or a similar PHP framework such as CodeIgniter or Symfony. You have in-depth understanding of a backend in web-based apps including routing, OOP and SQL. You are comfortable working with modern frontend frameworks and technologies such as Vue.js or React. You have opinions about code and architecture, can easily manage PRs and code-reviews and seek to find the optimal balance between product velocity and scalable code.
You enjoy working in a team where things move fast, and code is deployed to production several times a day. You like having freedom in your work, but you are also a team player.
- Work closely with the development team and product managers to come up with ideal solutions to current challenges
- Develop new user-facing features and build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Troubleshoot, test and maintain the core software platform and databases to ensure strong optimization and functionality
- Take ownership of your code, following through from idea inception to deployment
- Provide code reviews for fellow developers
- Align direction of code and other engineering best practises with the team
FRAMEWORKS AND TOOLS WE USE
- Classic HTML/CSS/JS (Bootstrap based)
CHALLENGES WE’RE SOLVING
- Expanding the feature set in our product to satisfy our users
- Tweaking our search algorithm to deliver the most relevant results
- Exploring cutting-edge methods for matching profiles with jobs (ML/AI/DL)
- Creating an awesome mobile experience in a web app
- Making our users feel good through UX and usability
- Optimizing load and response time in our web app
- Building scalable infrastructure
- Competitive salary
- Equity- & pension plans
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
- Relocation assistance if required
- Attractive central location in Copenhagen
- Coffee, lunch, snacks and soft drinks included
- An annual trip to a developer conference
You’ll join a small but growing development team and have a significant influence on our development and product in cooperation with the rest of the team. As we grow, so can your role in our company.
WE WILL BE YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The Worksome team currently consists of over 40 able profiles in 3 locations and the founders have a background from Google. The language in the office is English as we span 5 nationalities in Copenhagen alone. Furthermore, we also use a number of freelancers – coincidentally – our workday is defined by a high level of activity. We’re a relatively new company and we evolve our product, the technology and the user experience on an ongoing basis.