Senior Environment Artist
As the gaming arm of Bad Robot Productions (Lost, Cloverfield, Westworld, Star Wars), Bad Robot Games is passionate about telling stories and building worlds that can only be experienced through games. Our goal is to create gaming destinations across all platforms that are as fun to watch as they are to play.
We are seeking an exceptional and versatile Senior Environment Artist to join our internal studio team of seasoned game industry veterans who are focused on creating something brand new.
Remote friendly position.
- Create environmental art (including concepting, modeling, texturing, and lighting) and integrate them into game levels, maximizing opportunities for reuse, modular construction, and technical efficiency.
- Concept and create environmental elements, props, and architecture that enhances the game world and conveys a sense of depth and storytelling
- Collaborate with other members of the team to ensure levels and assets support the gameplay.
- Quickly prototype and create block-out assets
- Ability to take constructive feedback from the Game Director, Art Director, and other leads and act on it in a timely manner.
- Cross-discipline collaboration with the development team to problem solve and generate new ideas
- Participate in playtesting and providing “hands on” feedback as the project progresses
3+ years of experience in the games industry as an environment artist
- 1+ shipped AAA titles as an environment artist
- High proficiency level with Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter and Photoshop.
- Experience making aesthetically beautiful and performant 3D game assets.
- Experience establishing techniques, processes and workflows for environmental assets.
- Experience with game art optimization
- A good understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette
- Eye for light, shade, color, and detail in creating painted texture maps
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work and inspire in a team environment
- Self-motivated, strong work ethic, and able to work independently
- Creativity in problem-solving and the ability to think outside of the established solutions
- Experience working in the Unreal Engine
- Experience working on a live service game
- A passion for multiplayer online gaming and a rich history of game playing across a wide variety of game genres
We believe every project should feel like you’re making something special—and that you’re making it with a family. Any act of creation is a leap of faith. The fun comes from believing that it just might work.
BENEFITS and MORE:
Startup mentality, Bad Robot benefits:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) program
- 100% paid Medical / dental / vision, life, and employee assistance program
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Fertility Benefits
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Social impact programming, education, and awareness offering via Good Robot
Distributed Team and Remote Friendly:
- It’s 2021, games are being made by developers spread across the world. Our HQ is located in Santa Monica, CA, but our team collaborates from all over.
- For now, we are only accepting remote candidates in the continental USA, but may be interested in changing this policy as we grow.
Funded, but Independent:
- Backed by strategic and venture capital firms Galaxy Interactive, Horizons Ventures, Tencent, WBIE, and Iconiq, we have incredible investors who believe in the future of storytelling in games, and our ability to deliver on that promise.
We believe that our studio should be representative of the people who play our games.
- Our goal is to make games in which all players can see themselves.
Remote Tech Jobs