Binary Defense, headquartered in Stow, Ohio, is a rapidly growing cybersecurity software and services firm with solutions that include SOC-as-a-Service, proprietary Managed Detection & Response software, Security Information & Event Management and Counterintelligence. Our expert security staff helps shield businesses from cyberattacks.
Named a Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in 2020 and a top 10 software developer in Northeast Ohio by Crain’s, Binary Defense is a fast-paced business that enjoys a relaxed culture and on-site perks. The company was named to the Inc. 5000 fastest-growing companies list in 2019 and 2020 and is among the top 25 in the Cleveland Metro Market. At the Greater Cleveland Partnership’s “Best of Tech Awards,” Binary Defense was recognized as the “Tech Company of the Year” and “Best Tech Services Company” in Northeast Ohio.
The Solutions Engineer (Sales Engineer) at Binary Defense is a technical sales role whose primary objective is to qualify opportunities and assist the direct and channel sales teams with bringing in new business. A successful candidate will use a combination of business and technical acumen in order to help companies solve their operational deficiencies as it relates to information security. This is a perfect position for someone who is passionate about technology and loves to help individuals of varying technical background understand technology. As a rapidly growing organization, Binary Defense is looking for a candidate that isn’t afraid of a challenge, has a great sense of humor, and enjoys working for a fast-paced organization and sales team.
Supporting the sales team, channel partners, and prospects to understand Binary Defense’s four key offerings: Endpoint/Managed Detection & Response (EDR/MDR), Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) systems, Threat Hunting (TH) services, and Threat Intelligence (TI) services. These three key offerings are all supported by our 24/7/365 Security Operations Center.
- In addition to the sales teams, Solutions Engineers work closely with both our prospects, clients, as well as various members of our operations, marketing, and finance teams.
- Participate in pre-sales calls with prospective clients, in regional seminars and global webinars, and act as the technical sales point of contact.
- Be the focal point conducting demonstrations and to staying abreast of current industry technology, trends, and competition.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work well with multiple groups and be creative in obtaining information and solving problems.
- Work in tandem with the sales team in fulfilling goals and responding to Requests for Information/Quote/Proposal (RFI/RFQ/RFP).
- Detailed knowledge of SOCs, SIEMs, EDR/EPP, MDR/MSSP and Threat Intelligence is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- The individual must be curious, motivated, and passionate about technology.
- Ability to talk about technical subjects and deliver technical presentation to a wide array of audiences with both technical and non-technical backgrounds.
- Ability to translate security terms and knowledge to inexperienced prospects and partners.
- A desire to learn new technologies by reading and keeping up with industry trends.
- Assist with pricing exercises/calculations and developing Statements of Work.
- The SE must possess various personal traits like inter-personal skills, high energy, flexible, self-motivated, trustworthy, friendly, dependable, and has excellent follow-up skills.
- Other projects and responsibilities, as assigned by the direct manager.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree or significant working experience
- 5+ years related work experience in the fields of engineering, network/security architecture, and/or sales
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills with acute attention to detail
- Strong technical writing capabilities with a focus on grammar, spelling, and proper sentence structure
- Ability to translate technical topics to an audience of varying technical understanding in written, visual, and verbal formats
- Ability to take ownership, set priorities, multi-task, and meet tight deadlines
- Independently manage multiple projects from concept to completion – Accountability, personal initiative, and integrity
- Well-developed problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel to prospects & clients across the US as the job requires (expected travel time: <15%)
- Experience with writing contracts / statements of work
- Previous interactions with Salesforce.com
- Ability to create high-level network/security architecture drawings/diagrams, including live whiteboarding
- Exposure working in or with a partner channel organization
- Understanding of professional services organizations and/or managed service providers
- Local to the Cleveland, OH area is a plus
Remote Tech Jobs