1099 Contact position. Multiple positions open. Junior, Mid, Seniors needed.
Security Controls Assessor performs security controls assessments (SCA) using NIST guidance in compliance with FISMA. Key responsibilities include:
- Interviewing key stakeholders (developers, ISSOs, business POCs, etc.) to determine security controls implementation.
- Executing security control assessment plan by following provided assessment procedures, collecting and analyzing evidence, and documenting steps taken and findings noted.
- Updating System Security Plan with actual control implementation determined during assessment.
- Developing Security Assessment Report for management staff providing residual risk statement, impact, and suggested corrective actions.
Any number of years performing security assessments and audits (both technical and documenting) on information systems.
Knowledge required in:
- Federal security test and evaluations
- Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation
- Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) Management
- System Change Management
- Contingency Plan Creation, Documentation, Implementation, Testing, Maintenance
- Interconnection Security Agreements, MOU, MOAs, Interface Connection Documents
- IT Security Engineering Life Cycle and Release Management
- Certification and Accreditation
- Be authorized to work in the US and be clearable
- Have excellent communication skills
- Have college or working experience in IT Audits and/or FISMA security controls assessments
- Have a general understanding of different technologies
- Be detail oriented and highly organized
- Have ability to work on multiple assessments
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: From $35.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Fully Remote