Imagine talking about creative technical solutions for credit unions… and then actually building it! The Symitar Sales Engineering team is seeking a Sales Engineering Architect to join our team to help do just that. In this role, you will identify business needs and gaps and build the technical examples to solve problems for both prospective and current Episys clients during the sales cycle. You will be part of the storytelling to showcase the strength and versatility of the JHA suite of products as well as creating, coding and deploying these solutions. The ideal candidate is a passionate self-starter, who enjoys challenges and problem solving and enjoys seeing their ideas come to life and being utilized. Ideally you thrive in a fast pace environment where you are given the freedom to ideate and build with the support of a robust and diverse team. As a part owner of the environment, you will assist in maintaining product marketing demonstration environments, troubleshoot and resolve system and product issues to ensure maximum system availability including making recommendations for improvement, as well as, provide support to the Sales / Marketing team. Every day on this team will be different!
ABOUT OUR TEAM
You would be the 9th member of the Sales Engineering team, which works hand in hand with the Symitar Product Specialist Department team of approximately 8-12 consultants. The Sales Engineering team is an entirely remote team, so being comfortable with remote collaboration is a must. A varied amount of backgrounds and experience work together to solve industry problems through custom programming and environment integration; we all ebb and flow to support all areas of the environment from servers and operations to project management and coding. Every day will be a little bit different on the Sales Engineering Team and you will be exposed and work with all the products that Jack Henry has to offer as well as dig into new technologies and be part of alpha and beta cycles. It is incredibly fast paced; you will need to think quickly on your feet and prioritize efficiently so we as a team can create and present solutions collectively. You will be in a position where you can leverage the technical passions and skillsets you currently possess as well as be exposed to the other environments and languages we currently use. We encourage a wide variety of technical experience to apply; we will coach and train the right individual.
This position is Remote and can be worked from any location in the US.
• Minimum 18 months experience in software development, software engineering, programming or a similar individual development role.
• Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree.
• Experience with the Episys core platform is a plus.
• Experience problem solving in time sensitive situations.
• Experience with development, engineering, or analysis in any stack, which may include:
o PowerOn, SymConnect and/or SymXchange or similar web services, and/or;
o Experience with SQL and/or Microsoft Reporting Services, PowerBI and Business Intelligence products
• Experience with change management processes and source control
• Experience with jXchange, Synapsys, jhaEnterprise Workflow or any product in the Jack Henry suite
• Experience with building business requirements and use-cases.
• Experience at a credit union or bank a plus.
• Experience presenting solutions to larger audiences via webex or in-person a plus.
• Presents technology to both external and internal clients
• Provides innovative ideas and creates solutions for both external and internal clients
• Manages content of demo environment including all sales presentations.
• Maintains demo servers for complimentary products. Ensures jobs run successfully. Controls access.
• Troubleshoots and resolves all systems or hardware issues that arise during product demonstrations.
• Works with core and complimentary product staff to ensure successful implementation of release enhancements and upgrades onto demonstration environment. Tests all new functionality prior to go-live.
• Demonstrates and trains the team on new functionality.