We’re looking for a remote full-time engineer with strategic thinking to join our team and help to bring Open Source databases to Kubernetes. We would love to find an engineer who knows deep distributed databases and Kubernetes, and who also has the right DevOps mindset and experience with CI/CD pipelines.
You should find these keywords familiar and very appealing: Kubernetes, infrastructure orchestration, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, database clustering, database high-availability strategies, containers, Jenkins pipelines, CI/CD, bash.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a significant impact on the Kubernetes ecosystem. This is a rare opportunity to work from home in a great team, on a 100% open source project!
What You Will Do
- Build quality into the product in the first place for the Kubernetes Operators for relational and NoSQL databases. Focus on prevention of wrong design in early stages and on automatic testing in CI/CD on late stage
- Lead the DevOps and Release Management lifecycle which includes coordinating, testing and the management of releases
- Collaborate with engineers and teams across the company to helping in the deployment and debugging of Kubernetes Operators to facilitate rapid integration and massive growth
- Participate in technical articles writing, blogging, conference speaking engagements
- Excellent understanding of how to build distributed clusters for (at least one) MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Proficient with Kubernetes
- Good in building CI/CD pipelines
- Team player first
- Success working in a distributed environment where e-mail, instant messaging and voice calls are the only interactions with others on a daily basis
- Ability to communicate effectively in English (speaking and writing)
What Will Make You Stand Out
- In-depth knowledge of distributed databases
- Open-source contributor of any database operator, Kubernetes
- Experienced conference speaker, technical blog writer, known community person
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have 250 Staff members in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.