At PSI, our mission is to help people meet their potential. That is our core purpose, enabling our vision to empower people in their careers and drive organizational success. We achieve this by being the one workforce solutions provider that fuses science, technology and expertise to deliver best-in-class testing, assessment and development products and services.
PSI’s culture is as strong as the people who embody our core values. These include our drive to work together as one team, to be dependable in our pursuit of rigor and excellence, to value people and respect everyone’s talents, to embrace diversity in perspectives and culture, and to think creatively with the willingness to experiment.
The Psychometrician will apply technical expertise in psychometrics, statistics, and credentialing to the design, development, and evaluation of certification assessments. The Psychometrician will manage a portfolio of client examination programs, providing psychometric consultation and guidance to clients.
This position can be based in a PSI office in the United States or this position can be remote (location must be within the United States and provides access to air travel).
- Designs and guides assembly of credentialing examinations to meet psychometric criteria for validity, reliability, and fairness.
- Facilitates exam development committee meetings with subject matter experts to review assembled examinations.
- Performs standard setting studies and guides clients in the establishment of a passing standard (i.e., cut score).
- Designs and conducts job analysis studies, including surveys and focus groups, and develops exam specifications.
- Conducts statistical analysis of test items and assessments using classical test theory and item response theory measurement models.
- Designs and implements pre-administration and post-administration equating and linking designs to ensure measurement equivalence of alternate forms of examinations.
- Designs and develops performance-based assessments and examinations with alternative item types.
- Manages portfolio of client projects to ensure deliverables are completed according to quality standards and project timelines.
- Documents project activities in summary reports and presents outcomes and deliverables to meet requirements of a range of stakeholders, including technical and non-technical audiences.
- Provides guidance to clients on issues relating to psychometrics, test development, certification operations, and accreditation of certification programs.
- Participates in industry leadership and presents in professional conferences and testing industry meetings.
- Participates in internal process development and improvement initiatives.
- Conducts training for item writers and monitors their progress toward writing assignments.
- PhD or MA/MS in Educational Measurement, Quantitative Research Methods, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related discipline.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in test development and psychometric methods.
- Graduate training and experience in psychometrics, advanced statistical methods, research methods, measurement theory, and test development.
- Experience with consulting and providing technical guidance to non-technical audiences, especially in the context of credentialing or other psychometric applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and statistical software (e.g., SPSS, SAS, R, Winsteps).
- Experience with automated test assembly, linear on-the-fly testing (LOFT) and adaptive testing methods (CAT) preferred.
- Experience with NCCA, ISO-IEC 17024, and ABSNC accreditation standards preferred.
- Experience with project management processes and applications preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%.
PSI offers a variety of competitive workplace benefits, including financial planning support, time off benefits, employee assistance programs, medical cover and participation rewards. We have a vibrant social culture, and we provide opportunities for employees to engage in volunteering and charity activities.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Remote Tech Jobs