JOB TITLE: Programmer II- Courseware/Application
STATUS OF POSITION: Full-time, Exempt
SUMMARY: This position is responsible for the programming elements for interactive multimedia instruction for a variety of delivery methods, including instructor-led, computer-based, web-based and mobile training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned as required.
- Programs interactive multimedia courseware (using a variety of software packages) to run in various user environments, such as CD-ROM, low-and high-bandwidth Internet, and networked electronic classrooms.
- Selects and recommends the proper combination of software programs and tools to meet complex user needs.
- Develops innovative approaches, applies design principles and generates creative solutions to meet requirements.
- Monitors progress and provides status of tasks and deliverables, and escalates risks and issues in a timely manner.
- Analyzes, updates, and modifies software code and existing software programs.
- Tests software, and corrects discrepancies. Uses feedback to modify designs.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Scales design efforts to meet production timelines.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None at the current time.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, and QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS or higher in Computer, Electrical, or Electronics Engineering or Mathematics with field of concentration in computer science.
- At least 3 years of experience in computer design, software development, or computer networks.
- Experience with:
- Extensible Markup Language (XML) document and data encoding
- Microsoft SQL, MySQL and other relational database systems
- Representational State Transfer (ReST) protocol
- HTML and HTML5 markup languages programming, including CSS
- SCORM 2004 3rd and 4th editions including the Tin Can API
- Interoperability with Learning Management Systems (LMS), such as SHARP, AtlasPro, Meridian, etc.
- Version control workflow
- Agile software development methodologies such as Scrum and test driven approach
- Experience with NKO/JKO and/or Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), and Navy ILE helpful.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Carley Corporation is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor's (Required)
- in computer design, software development, or computer networks: 3 years (Required)