This is a truly unique opportunity for an experienced Product Designer to join Creative Assembly as part of a hugely talented and world-class development team in an innovative, professional, and dynamic environment. This role is based at our studio in Horsham, West Sussex.
As a Product Designer joining Live Services, you will be working in a close-knit and flexible team, designing our backend operational tools as well as improving CA Player Account related products. You will work closely with product team and UI developers and will be responsible for designing and prototyping user interface and behaviour.
The successful candidate for this role will be an excellent communicator and be comfortable and confident working with developers across the studio to understand their requirements and helping to establish good design & UX processes in a growing team. A passion for professional development and a commitment to teamwork is key for this position.
As a Product Designer, you will play a key role in defining core aspects of our online games service. This will include web sites, game launchers, and game tools.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Work closely with product managers and developers to define the roadmap and backlog
- Run and operate the design function within Product and interact with and learn from all aspects of the business
- Plan, conduct, and document user sessions, surveys, and experiments
- Develop a deep understanding of user needs. Share insights with your team. Build empathy for users across the LS organisation
- Run workshops to discover and refine effective solutions
- Ideate and prototype quickly to understand the viability of ideas and support product strategy
- Gather data via design workshops, user interviews, competitor analysis, and other techniques as you see fit to design prototypes and then work with development teams to see the vision implemented. You will also work with our User Research team to coordinate tests and incorporate feedback
- Produce compelling solutions and work alongside developers and QAs to ship your designs into production
- Work with the wider Creative Assembly team, particularly with the brand, game, and web teams
- Proactively address design issues and risks that could impede project delivery.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Experience in Design and User experience, for example processes, user interviews, persona creation, prototyping
- Understand how design fits in an Agile environment and can work closely with product managers, developers, and QA
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of wireframe tools
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
- Proactive and enthusiastic approach to work
- Fluency in spoken and written English
- Prior experience in designing admin panels and dashboard (desirable)
- Familiarity with Games and Game UX
- Experience with lean UX and agile processes
- Knowledge of best practices for accessibility