We are BCG Platinion, a part of the Boston Consulting Group. We turn the challenges of digitization into the solutions of the future by tackling the core IT issues of leading global companies. In our Design & Engineering Hub in Berlin, we design, develop, and implement Minimum Viable Products (MVPs), prototypes, as well as conduct enterprise integrations, Tech Due Diligences, etc. for clients striving to transform in the digital space.
This is your opportunity to join a team of world-class researchers, problem solvers, engineers and designers who care about people and their needs. Our ideal Principal Software Engineer (m/f/d) will have a combination of consulting experience, solutions architecture and core engineering experience within web applications, mobile optimized solutions, some data analytics experience, and cloud to create beautiful, state of the art digital products & services for our clients.
Shape the world of tomorrow
- Play a key role in the design and development of digital apps, APIs, and data solutions to drive digital transformation projects for web, mobile, data, and related digital capabilities
- Provide expertise in key aspects of software engineering such as architecture, security, scalability, performance, and usability
- Research new technologies and develop prototypes, POCs, and MVPs
- Interact with clients - lead ideation and brainstorming sessions to devise creative and disruptive digital solutions, demonstrate work to executive stakeholders, transfer knowledge and product support to client development teams
- Help grow the Engineering practice within BCG Platinion through mentoring and leading members of the practice in the field of software engineering — developing talent, providing direction, promoting agile principles, and overseeing output and projects
- Contribute to the running of BCG Platinion’s consulting business by assisting with business development by writing proposals, scoping projects, attending pitches as well as contributing to our thought leadership with written publications and speaking at events and conferences
- Lead mid-size to large projects as an engineering project manager: establishing a sustainable pace for the engineering team's work, maintaining pipeline of products and projects, ensuring on-time delivery of product and projects, partnering with Product, Design and Data teams, and providing weekly status reports to client team
- Travel around the globe to work with clients and BCG teams. At times, this role involves significant travel to client sites. The amount of travel will depend on client needs and nature of projects
You can help us make a difference if
- You have 10+ years of professional software development experience
- You bring 5+ years of experience in technical project leadership, with specific focus on systems thinking and agile methods and principles, code & architecture reviews, quality assurance
- You deeply understand modern IT architecture frameworks and best practices
- You have successfully worked in and promoted a rapidly changing, collaborative, and iterative product development environment
- You possess strong interpersonal skills, analytical skills, combined with intellectual curiosity, and a desire and ability to "get things done"
- You are experienced in leading groups of engineers, building engineering culture, evaluating performance, and providing feedback
- You are experienced in working with both technical and non-technical colleagues in a cross-functional, interdisciplinary environment, including strong written and verbal communication skills
- Your strengths include strong communication skills in both German and English language
Additional consideration may be given to those who bring experience with some of the following
- A bachelors degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with scripting and object-oriented languages, e.g. Java, Python, and C#
- Understanding of web services and message formats such as JSON, XML, Graphql
- Experience in working with cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure as well as managed services on those platforms such as Beanstalk, Lambda, etc.
- Experience with native & hybrid mobile development for various platforms (iOS, Android), mobile languages and frameworks (Objective-C, React, ReactNative, and Java)
- Experience in working with designing data platforms, relational and noSQL databases
- Experience in working with emerging technology like AR/VR, IIoT, AI, Blockchain.
- Data science and visualization application experience such as Hadoop, Databricks, Spark, d3.js
How you can grow with us
As an integral part of our Design and Engineering team, you have the chance to face and solve complex challenges every day together with a dedicated team of talented colleagues from all over the world. Within a community of about 400 engineers from BCG Platinion and BCG Digital Ventures, you will foster engineering culture, agile mindset, creativity and collaboration. Thereby, you will have the opportunity to actively shape and further develop your future environment. By travelling around the globe to work with international clients and BCG teams, you will grow and strengthen your individual network.
Become a part of our team
Apply via our online portal now, with your CV, examples of your work, a relevant project list, all pertinent references, and writing sample/cover letter. If you have any questions, please contact Mike Stertz at +49 221 58958-324.