XL-Lead Consulting is a professional services company providing staffing and consulting services to Fortune 500 companies. We hire and staff the best!
Current need: A PowerBuilder Developer responsible for building PowerBuilder applications using SQL Server, Web Services with SOAP and other standard technologies. The primary responsibility will be to work as a PowerBuilder and SQL Server programmer. The developer must coordinate with the rest of the team working on different layers of the infrastructure. Continuous communication for collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and building a quality product is essential. SAP integration skills is a plus.
Note: Although working remote, residents of the Houston, TX area will have preference. The initial contract is for 6 months and then subject to extend until March 2022, based on performance.
- Build the new feature for label printing using PowerBuilder, Web Services and SQL Server.
- Build maintainable, efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to mitigate and address these issues as needed.
- Maintain code quality and organization.
- Create documentation to describe the build, installation, source control and deployment processes.
- Strong development experience of PowerBuilder 2017 and web services is a must.
- Strong development experience with Microsoft SQL Server and other data connectivity frameworks is a must.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming.
- Ability to interact and work closely with several business unit and technical teams.
- Working knowledge of .NET and C# programming.
- Ability to write clean, readable and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Experience creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Proficient in unit testing the developed code.
Job Type: Contract
- Monday to Friday
- .NET and C# programming: 1 year (Required)
- Object Oriented Programming: 1 year (Required)
- PowerBuilder 2017: 5 years (Required)
- Fully Remote
- Temporarily due to COVID-19