PMC: Associate Project Manager
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have transitioned to a remote work model and are continuing to hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate this is unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Fast-growing Media Company Penske Media Corporation (PMC) technology team is seeking an Associate Project Manager. The Associate Project Manager will be expected to work across multiple projects at once, supporting delivery and process improvement across multiple teams in various locations. You’re a highly motivated self-starter who is organized, follows process well and is comfortable stepping into a delivery role. You are analytical, detail- and results-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic.
PMC’s Product, Engineering and Project team is distributed, but is close and supportive. We believe that everyone on the team contributes and has room for growth. Some of the ways we do this include blameless postmortems, a yearly in person all-team summit, and flexible schedules. We have a structured career ladder to help you grow and you’ll have support and mentorship from multiple people. We are also eager to learn from you, as we recognize that everyone's individual background and experiences makes the team better.
We deliver using a combination of Agile (Scrum, Kanban) and more traditional Project Management techniques such as Gantt charts, formal risk assessment and stakeholder analysis, depending on the size and complexity of the project.
- Work with multiple project managers to provide support and assistance for delivery within an Agile environment
- Run scrums and other regular meetings, including tracking and communicating agreed upon actions
- Coordinate and communicate with multiple teams, identifying and facilitating actions that unblock the cross functional team and allow development to continue as planned
- Support the project management team with creation and updating of documentation for larger projects - including project plans, risk and issue logs and regular status reports
- Manage departmental use of Jira - including creation and closure of sprints, ensuring workflow is followed, account creation and deletion
- Complete regular data analysis of metrics such as sprint velocity and commitment vs completion
- Collaborate with teams based around the world including Los Angeles, New York, remote US, UK and India
- Help manage 3rd parties including agencies and contractors to ensure on-time delivery
- Use strong technical understanding to work directly with developers and technical staff, communicating requirements and solving problems.
You don’t need to check every box for the experience below. If you are passionate about this opportunity, we would love to hear from you.
- Minimum 1 year experience working with development projects / teams in the media, entertainment, or publishing industries
- High level of attention to detail
- Good understanding of Agile project management
- Bachelor's degree preferably in a science or technical subject
- Experience of working with technical teams and translating ‘tech speak’ to non-technical parties
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work with multiple teams / stakeholders in multiple locations across multiple projects simultaneously
- Preferred: Knowledge of content management and publishing systems including WordPress
- Preferred: Experience with project management systems and software including; planning software such as JIRA / MS Project / Smartsheet ; and diagramming and presentation software such as Visio / PowerPoint / Photoshop / Balsamiq
The Hiring Process
Your resume will be reviewed within one week of us receiving it. Every round is designed to give you an opportunity to meet members of our team and ask questions. The first round interview will be with the VP, Product Delivery and will focus on your experience and how you like to work. The second and third rounds will be with other disciplines and other members of the team to better understand your approaches to challenges and your collaboration style. In every round there will be the opportunity to ask questions to help you decide if PMC is the right culture for you as well.
PMC is a leading independent global media and information services company whose award-winning content attracts a passionate monthly audience of more than 310 million. Since 2004, Penske Media has been a pioneer in digital media and a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens across its ever-growing constellation of iconic brands, which includes Deadline, Variety, Rolling Stone, Billboard, The Hollywood Reporter, VIBE, WWD, SHE Media, Robb Report, Sportico, BGR, ARTnews, Art in America, Fairchild Media, and Spy.com, among many others. PMC’s journalists and content creators deliver daily the most comprehensive news and information in their industries and areas of coverage, unequaled in ambition, depth and courage. Headquartered in New York and Los Angeles with additional offices in 14 countries worldwide, PMC believes companies should not only be profitable but also forces for good. To learn more about PMC, our 2% Foundation, and our portfolio of brands, please visit www.PMC.com