We are seeking to hire a Valuation Specialist in Frankfurt to join our Model Valuation team of quant finance specialists. Mark-to-model valuations of various types of liquid OTC derivatives and illiquid fixed income structured products will be your main day-to-day duties. Being embedded within the Operations/business support function, this position requires also the active participation in operational processes front-to-back. Close collaboration with partners across global regions and the servicing of internal clients will be another integral part of this exciting role.
- Mark-to-Model valuation of liquid (exotic) OTC derivatives (with underlyings in equity, interest rates, credit, inflation, etc.) and illiquid fixed income structured products (esp. in the Alternatives asset class) by applying advanced pricing techniques run onto a QuantLib based valuation engine/pricing library (in C++)
- Active participation in the execution of daily time-critical NAV relevant operative processes for the mass production with the in-house pricing library
- Efficient maintenance and continuous optimization of operative processes front-to-back along the asset management value chain with the aim of delivering excellent service for internal clients, stakeholders and investors
- Close collaboration and alignment with parties across locations in the EU, US and AP (Risk Management, Investment Compliance, Legal, etc.), the servicing of internal clients (Portfolio Management, Distributions, etc.) along with relationship management
- Strong support of change processes within (cross-regional) projects on valuation
- Participation in new product approval processes with respect to the valuation of bespoke complex assets (esp. within the Alternatives space)
- Model validation incl. input data analysis and evaluation of the adequacy of models and valuation techniques applied
- Advanced university degree in quant finance/financial engineering, (financial/business) mathematics, physics, computer science, economics, etc. with a clear focus on analytical techniques
- Preferably several years of working experience, ideally in the valuation unit of an asset manager or a consultancy firm, including profound knowledge of quant finance valuation models and their applications
- Certifications such as CFA, FRM or even CQF are a clear plus
- Programming skills incl. experience in process optimizations and model implementations in one or more of C++, Python, SQL, etc.
- Experience with pricing libraries such as QuantLib is advantageous
- Convincing soft skills: strong communication and relationship management skills incl. ability of stakeholder management with an open-minded client servicing spirit
- Ability to work independently under time pressure and flexibly in a team environment, showing strong endurance and persistence
- High commitment, motivation, reliability, attention to detail and willingness to take on responsibility for delivering results on time, within budget and in highest quality
- Pronounced problem solving skills and an analytic way of thinking out of the box
- Preferably passionate personality living all of our AllianzGI values
- Fluency in spoken and written English, knowledge of German would be a plus
Allianz Global Investors is a leading active asset manager with over 770 investment professionals in 25 offices worldwide and managing EUR 535 billion in assets for individuals, families and institutions.
Active is how we create and share value with clients. We believe in solving, not selling, adding value beyond pure economic gain. We invest long-term, drawing upon our broad and innovative investment expertise, and leveraging resources globally to ensure a superior client experience wherever they are based and whatever their investment needs.
Active is: Allianz Global Investors
You are committed to creating value for our clients so that they can meet their financial objectives throughout their lives. You embrace a collegial culture based on strong values, take individual responsibility, and are dedicated to mastering challenging tasks. You aspire to make an impact in a diverse, international, technology-enabled and increasingly agile environment. If you feel inspired to elevate the active asset management experience, this is the place for you since,
Active is: Allianz Global Investors.
Allianz is an equal opportunity employer. Everybody is welcome, regardless of gender, age, origin, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion, disability, or sexual orientation.
Frankfurt am Main