(Junior) Quantitative Equity Researcher
Would you like to contribute to affordable pensions for the current and coming generations? We offer a research position in APG’s quantitative equity investment team. Together with other researchers and portfolio managers, you perform investment research that makes a difference for people and planet. Your ideas will contribute to our systematic and responsible investment strategy.
You will come to work in APG’s Quantitative Equity team in Amsterdam. Together with the team you are responsible for the research, development and portfolio management of quantitative investment strategies. The strategies are based on insights from academic literature in the fields of quantitative and behavioral finance and our industry experience. It is up to you to translate these insights into practical investment strategies. Using your quantitative skills you execute research together with the team. This means you get to work with large datasets and smart algorithms while using (and contributing to) APG’s IT platform, and to clearly communicate your research outcomes to the team.
Who are we?
APG manages over €500 billion in pension assets for pension funds. APG provides the pension for one in five families in the Netherlands. APG plays a leading role in the pension sector, and focuses strongly on the transition towards sustainable investing. You will work in APG’s Quantitative Equities team within the business unit Asset Management. You will join a diverse team of 10 professionals with various nationalities, who are managing the internal systematic equity portfolios. Our core belief is that our ability to improve investment decision making using data and digital technologies will define our future success. We have been engaging on an ambitious multi-year digitalization journey, and need talent to drive that further.
Which responsibilities will you get?
- Initiate and execute research projects focused on the investment strategy
- Communicate and document research results
- Contribute to APG’s custom build IT platform for portfolio management and research
- Work with large traditional and alternative datasets
- Stay updated on quantitative equity developments in academia and industry
What are we looking for?
- You have a master’s degree or a PhD in (quantitative) finance, mathematics, data science or related fields, and a maximum working experience of 5 years
- You have affinity and experience with programming (preferably Matlab)
- You like working in a cooperative research environment
- You can communicate your research in writing and in person in English
- You have a focus on results and you are eager to improve systems and processes
- You are deeply interested in financial markets
- You have a digital mindset
APG supports a healthy work-life balance and encourages personal development. Salary and benefits are competitive in the Dutch labor market.
APG believes good employment practices are essential. In addition to an attractive salary, a quality pension scheme and a year-end bonus, we also offer extensive opportunity in training and personal development. APG is proud to have earned the Top Employer title every year since 2008.
We believe that diversity promotes a broader vision and better decision-making. Engagement and respecting cultural differences contribute to our corporate objectives. Everyone is welcome to apply.
Please apply by sending us a CV, motivation letter and university grade lists before December 31st, 2019 via our online application form
For more information about this position, please contact Andre Komáromi at +31 (0)6 12 41 79 27.