We would like to expand our team with a Junior Quantitative Developer to work on our energy markets, optimization and risk management software. Are you that enthusiastic junior quantitative developer with excellent programming skills in Matlab or similar mathematical programming languages? Are you a quick learner and able to translate your ideas into solid MatLab solutions?
Then send us your CV and motivation letter! This is your chance to make a contribution to an energy world in transition, which has to reduce its carbon footprint and become more sustainable.
Please confirm that you are an EU- citizen, or eligible to work in the EU.
Our analytical software is based on econometric models and mathematical algorithms. Our customers are mostly large international companies in the energy industry. They operate across Europe and beyond, and use our solutions to make optimal investment decisions, manage price risks, optimize the use of their assets (power plants, energy storage, transport), make optimal trading decisions, and assess future market price scenarios.
We are an experienced international team of 18 people, working on quant model development (mainly using Matlab) and web software development (mainly using PHP). This position is based in the center of Haarlem, the Netherlands, e.g. 15 minutes by train from Amsterdam.
Tasks Junior Quantitative Developer
You will be:
- Developing quantitative solutions in Matlab for pricing, forecasting and risk management, primarily in the energy and commodity trading sector.
- Solving optimization problems, using new and innovative solutions from various disciplines.
- Maintaining the existing Matlab models and performing quantitative analysis on market data to support the pricing & risk functionality.
- Having fun with your colleagues, both quant developers and (web) software developers.
- Gaining great skills for your future career in the fast-moving energy industry
- Responsible for your own projects, however working closely with a senior quant developer, getting training-on-the-job.
We expect that you have
- A university degree (MSc or PhD) in a quantitative field (econometrics, computer science, mathematics, physics or engineering)
- Strong mathematical programming skills, in particular Matlab.
- A pragmatic problem-solving attitude and keen to take on new challenges.
- Attention to detail and strong focus on accuracy of information
- Good oral and writing skills in English
- Good team working skills, as you will be part of an international team
- A good understanding of financial and/or energy markets is a plus.
- An interesting and challenging starting position (0-3 years work experience)
- Competitive remuneration
- A nice international team of colleagues to work with
- A full-time position, 40 hours/week. It is however possible to work part-time and/or a day per week at home
- Pleasant office in the center of Haarlem, 10 minutes’ walk from the railway station.
Please send your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in this opportunity.