Percona is looking for a remote full-time Senior Backend Software Engineer developing in Golang to join its Open Source Software Development team and help continue building Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM).
You will be contributing to further enhancing and extending PMM product, which is a free and open-source platform for monitoring and managing the performance of SQL/NoSQL based databases and servers or cloud instances.
You’ll predominantly be responsible for enabling all new functionalities in our client/server PMM product using Golang. This is an amazing opportunity to build something from the ground up and integrate our existing Client Server products with Cloud to deliver a new wave of services and functionality to our users.
The work is challenging, but that’s why it’s also fun and rewarding! Plus, our team is small, so you and your work will have a large impact.
What You Will Do
- Develop scalable, high-volume, performant applications focused on simplicity and user delight
- Produce high-quality software that is unit tested, code reviewed and checked in regularly for continuous integration
- Brainstorm with designers, architects and product managers to build and tweak functionalities
- Participate in code and design reviews, teaching and learning from other engineers
- Identify and uphold engineering best practices
- Identify, leverage, and successfully evangelize opportunities to improve engineering productivity
- Train, mentor and support engineers
- 3+ years programming in Golang with strong programming fundamentals
- Test-driven and test automation first advocate
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL or PostgreSQL
- Comfortable with Linux (basic usage as a programmer)
- Fluent English written and verbal language skills
- Ability to work as a teamplayer as we sell as independently in a fully remote environment
- Development experience on cloud computing platform (AWS, Azure or OpenShift)
- Familiarity with version control systems (Git)
- Experience designing, building, and documenting APIs
- Knowledge of asynchronous programming
What Will Make You Stand Out
- Knowledge of other databases/data stores (Memcached, ClickHouse)
- Deep knowledge security and encryption techniques for transmitting and storing sensitive data
- Experience with continuous deployment to cloud / virtualized environments (DevOps)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Prometheus or VictoriaMetrics
- BS/MS/PhD in an engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience writing and maintaining unit tests
- Open source development experience
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries! We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.