Full-Stack Software Engineer
GreenSlate is transforming the business of content production by helping film and television producers stay at the forefront of technology. Our innovative entertainment payroll and business services software, combined with our highly responsive service, dramatically improves our clients' ability to sustainably manage their productions.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help us develop the entertainment industries most advanced production finance application. This role requires excellent engineering talent. You will work closely with the product design team to move rapidly from concept to proof-of-concept to execution. If you are the kind of person who can't sleep until you figure out how to solve that problem from earlier in the day, GreenSlate could be the place for you. If you are passionate about what you do, we want to meet you. If you know that your ideas are what get things done and you know that if a task isn't done well, it's not worth doing at all, you will be working with people who feel the exact same way at GreenSlate.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT?
- A fast-paced development backed by a solid SDLC - branching, pull requests, CI, and QA.
- Having every pull request thoughtfully code reviewed by a peer before being merged.
- A focus on SOLID principles, best practices, and software craftsmanship.
- Participating in daily stand-ups (including NYC and LA), pair programming, and collaboration.
- An extensive onboarding covering our company, technologies, architecture, and practices.
- Access to continued online learning via platforms like PluralSight.
- Managers who are all former engineers.
- Working with a fully responsive, single-page-application (SPA) powered by a RESTful API.
WHAT DO WE EXPECT?
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Brilliance and passion for software craftsmanship
- A sense of humor and a friendly personality
- Professionalism and maturity
- A solid work ethic and tenacity, enthusiasm for technical challenges
- Ideally have experience with ORMs, Repositories, DI, CSS, Unit Testing, F/E frameworks, Git
WHAT WILL YOU GET?
- Two weeks of paid time off per year plus an additional PTO day per year.
- A very flexible work-from-home policy, starting at three days per week.
- Monthly team-building activities, like parties, poker nights, and soccer matches.
- Access to a powerful laptop workstation with a docking station and dual monitors.
- Be employed directly by a US-based company - you will be part of GreenSlate.