We’re looking for a driven software engineer who cares deeply about their craft, and who wants to use their skills to bring about positive change in the world while working in a high performing organization using modern software development approaches. Someone who is comfortable in the rapidly changing nature of a startup environment but also adept at moving relentlessly forward: doing what needs to be done to unblock projects that truly deliver value to our users. At BetterUp we delight in supporting and pushing each other to bring out the best in our colleagues, and would love someone to join the team who shares our passions for empathy, excellence, and continuous improvement. We also deeply understand that a key to peak performance is balance, and our culture is focused on providing the support our people need to be able to bring their whole selves to bear in service of our mission.
- Product Engineer: Collaborate with team members and stakeholders to craft consumer grade experiences with an SPA frontend (Ember) and RESTful backend (Ruby on Rails).
- Lean and Agile Owner: Collaborate with cross functional teams to distill and synthesize requirements into discreet and meaningful iterations that can be implemented quickly to facilitate tight feedback loops and learning via data and metrics. Leverage Lean Startup and Agile methodologies along with Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment infrastructure to rapidly prototype and validate ideas.
- Operational Maintainer: Build scalable and tolerant systems using container technologies (Docker) and cloud infrastructure (Heroku, AWS) as well as internal tooling to accelerate product development cycles.
- Data Spelunker: Answer business questions and influence product roadmap decisions using statistical analysis, ad-hoc reporting, or machine learning algorithms for offline modeling. Enable team members to answer questions with data systems and processes that leverage quantitative and qualitative inputs.
If you have some or all of the following please apply:
- 5+ years relevant experience, at least part of which in a startup environment.
- Alignment with BetterUp mission of enabling self-driven behavior change.
- Succeeded in a remote work environment.
- Frontline maintainer of "production" consumer application (volume, support, debugging).
- Strong experience with automated testing patterns.
- Ruby on Rails, Ember.js, Gitflow, Docker.
- Experienced in Agile product development processes (SCRUM, Kanban, Lean Startup, etc).
- Expert in current web technologies (HTTP, REST, Web Sockets, etc).
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Impressive Portfolio.
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Full coverage for medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer Paid Life, AD&D, STD and LTD insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- 13 paid holidays
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Holiday charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Remote Tech Jobs