At Grapevine, we make giving to the causes you care about social, purposeful and fun. We're building a social giving platform that enables groups of people like neighbors, alumni groups, and more to pool their donations and give together.
We launched Giving Circles on Grapevine in March last year and moved over $2.5M in donations to 1,000 nonprofits across the country, with no marketing spend. Most of these donations went to small, local organizations addressing a wide variety of causes, including immediate needs related to Covid-19, racial justice, artist support, and more. We're now the platform partner of Philanthropy Together, the global giving circle initiative backed by the Gates Foundation. If you've never heard of a Giving Circle before, check them out in the NYT (https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/17/business/giving-circles-nonprofits-political-campaigns.html), Fast Company (https://www.fastcompany.com/40497674/women-are-fueling-the-growth-of-collective-philanthropy-giving-circles), and Refinery29 (https://www.refinery29.com/en-us/2019/03/226479/giving-circles-philanthropy). We just raised our first round of funding led by Notation Capital, with participation from PJC, Alex Chung (founder of Giphy), Dave Heath (founder of Bombas), Claire Diaz-Ortiz (creator of social impact initiatives at Twitter), and more to make Giving Circles the next big thing in global impact.
Who we are looking for
We're a team of good people doing great things. Our team culture is built on openness, intentionality, collaboration, and spirit. We love our work and we are all passionate about making a difference everyday. We are seeking an innovative and energetic engineer to join our founding team of experienced, socially-minded, achievers. We believe success is never an accident. It's the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to matter.
As a full stack engineer you will take UI designs and/or specification documents and own the coding, testing, and deployment of features for the web application, with input from your manager and others on the team. We are a collaborative team, but we are all remote and are looking for team members who are excited to solve problems, build features, and make improvements with moderate direction and input from the team.
- Own new feature development, both front-end and back-end, from start to finish
- Write maintainable, tested code aligning to team best practices
- Design and implement API endpoints
- Make database updates to support new features
- Troubleshoot and fix bugs as they arise in production
- Provide feedback on UI and UX designs based on what's required to implement
- Provide code review to other members of the engineering team
- Collaborate with other engineers on larger features
- 5+ years professional experience with:
- Working on a web engineering team
- Front-end SPA frameworks (react, angular, vue, etc)
- Back-end MVC frameworks (rails, django, etc)
- Creating pixel-perfect HTML & CSS across browsers
- Ability to problem solve and work autonomously
- Desire to work remotely
- At least five hours of working overlap with Pacific Time 8am-6pm
- Angular 8
- Heroku for deployment and hosting
- Github for code review
What you're looking for
- A place to grow and learn
- The opportunity to do a great job at a wide variety of tasks
- A group of good people doing great things
Here at Grapevine we value Diversity & Inclusion and encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work (even when working remotely!) If you're a California resident, California law requires that we provide you notice about the collection and use of your personal information. We encourage you to read it carefully. You can find our full notice here. (https://ecdn.teacherspayteachers.com/static/6.pdf)