Our Company is a nationally recognized technology company that aggregates purchase order data from local, state and federal government agencies to provide search, reporting and analysis capabilities. Our Software as a Service (SaaS) solution is offered to both government vendors and government agencies.
Our mission is to make buying & selling in the government marketplace easier & more efficient.
Here’s the scoop:
We're looking for a passionate Full-Stack Developer to help us build the next generation of GovSpend, a well-funded civic startup disrupting government procurement by aggregating, indexing, analyzing, and otherwise transforming government purchasing data. We're a Code for America Accelerator company and have an incredible team of seasoned executives and engineers. We work hard but maintain a casual work environment with a strong culture as a tech startup. As a new member of the GovSpend family, you'll work closely with our senior team members to implement critical pieces of our modern, forward-thinking architecture – learning many new technologies as you touch every part of the application’s source code.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Demonstrates determination in tackling complex projects and finding solutions.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science or similar strongly preferred. Proven work experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience writing modern single-page web applications, ideally with React and MobX (or redux).
- Understanding of functional programming (solid lodash or ramda experience may be sufficient, real Category Theory for bonus points).
- Experience with NodeJS.
- Exposure to NoSQL (Mongo, ElasticSearch, and/or Redis Preferred).
SmartProcure/GovSpend is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, retaining, and promoting qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any category protected by federal, state or local law.
Fully remote role. Must be legally eligible to work/employ in the U.S.
Four (4) total roles open
Job poster: Ja'nice Bridges - Corporate Technical Recruiter