Kasten is an independent Kubernetes Business Unit within Veeam, and the award-winning leader in Kubernetes Backup and Disaster Recovery.
K10, our data management platform purpose-built for Kubernetes, provides enterprise operations teams an easy-to-use, scalable, and secure system for backup/restore, disaster recovery, and application mobility with unparalleled operational simplicity.
Our team is all-remote, and we're hiring for this role across all locations in the US. Our team brings together experts in the areas of containers, Kubernetes, storage, distributed systems, and enterprise software.
Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for UI engineers to join our growing frontend team which owns the web-based user interface for Kasten's K10 product. The K10 UI is designed for modern web browsers and is built using the latest UI technologies such as VueJS/Vuex, ES2015+, and SASS (SCSS). The UI backend API uses Golang, so experience with Go is a nice bonus.
- Own meaningful parts of the product. We are still a relatively small engineering team so you will design, build, and test significant features in the K10 product related to backup and recovery of Kubernetes applications, databases, and storage systems
- Use a breadth of skills at every level of development - from initial design to UX wireframing, CSS styling, REST APIs, and JS development for new features.
- Automate code quality with unit tests and end-to-end UI tests
- Help build the UI team. We're still growing and you'll be an important part of that.
- Your work or portfolio visible online (e.g. portfolio site, CodePen account, or GitHub)
- At least one year of experience with a reactive framework such as React or VueJS.
- Ability to implement designs in mobile-responsive CSS and experience with a CSS preprocessor such as SASS or LESS.
- Experience building reusable web components
- Strong computer science fundamentals (data structures, REST, asynchronous logic)
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent industry experience.
Bonus points for having
- Visual design experience and the ability to create visually appealing interfaces
- VueJS and Vuex experience
- Experience writing in Go (and liking it).
- Experience with container platforms and orchestrators such as Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience participating in and contributing to open source
Kasten is the leader in Kubernetes Backup and Disaster Recovery. Kasten, an independent Kubernetes Business Unit within Veeam, has a fully remote engineering team across the US.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.