- Support and development of tools to meet all “cross asset quant development” and “asset class” team requirements.
- Support and development of all infrastructure components.
- Develop technical solutions as required.
- Development and enhancing the features of the various cross asset components to meet the requirements of the business.
- Release and building of components needed for the “asset class” desk and IT
- Development of systems/infrastructure. Developing the infrastructure and capabilities needed to enable operational effectiveness and delivery of the desired results
- Resolving issues with users and the IT teams in using the Quant libraries.
- Developing close and effective working relationships within respective Functions /Businesses. Continuous and proactive interaction with the relevant stakeholders.
- Working to ensure seamless communication and teamwork.
- Working within a team, under the direction of Team Lead
- Offering solutions to problems, supporting with the continuing development, implementation and improvement of the processes, structures, capabilities, capacity and infrastructure needed
- Programming in a professional standard ensuring industry good practices are followed
- Ensuring rapid development and deployment of features/components needed in the infrastructure. If any bugs are found they should be fixed as soon as possible
- Learning new technologies and develop solutions from scratch
- Provide support functions to the infrastructure including:
- New tools/components and bug fixes
- Resolving Market Data issues
- Develop and maintain a testing framework for the Quant libraries
- Assist IT with integration issues
- Develop new components and enhance the Quant libraries.
- Liaise with the team to create new classes and
- Manage existing ones
- Leverage other classes
- Implement functionality to allow these classes to be loaded, saved and queried
- Assist in the release of the pricing libraries
- Development of systems/architecture relevant to the needs of the desk/team
- Leveraging the use of cloud technologies to enhance the infrastructure, ensuring reliability, scalability and cost reduction
- Educated to university degree level or equivalent (preferably in software engineering field)
- At least 8 years of development experience using C++/C++17
- Strong Experience in network programming, multi threading/multiprocessing low latency development
- Solid experience of C++ concepts like templates and C++ 11 standard Library and C++ 17
- Proficient in code versioning tools such as GIT, SVN etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Focused on delivering high-quality results on time.
- Good to have
- Experience of using Google Cloud/AWS
- Knowledge of web technologies, including web services/REST, HTML5, Node.js and Angular.js etc.
- Experience in designing & implementing a web-based UI framework.
- Python development experience
- Spreadsheet development experience (Excel and VBA)
- Database experience using Microsoft Database stack: SQL, SSIS and SSAS
- Asset class knowledge