We believe aircraft should fly themselves. Automated aviation systems will enable a future where air transportation is safer, more convenient and fundamentally transformative to the way goods—and eventually people—move around the planet. As an engineer at Reliable Robotics you will work with a team of mission-driven engineers with experience across aerospace, robotics and self-driving cars to make this future a reality.
As a Flight Software Engineer, you will develop the platform that enables autonomous operation of highly complex systems. The position will be located at our facility in Mountain View, California.
- Drive requirements for flight software.
- Design software and system architecture.
- Implement elegant flight software for sensors, control systems, actuators, telemetry, fault handling and other vehicle subsystems.
- Write excellent unit tests.
- Plan and execute end-to-end system tests on flight hardware in the lab and in the air.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of industry experience developing software for embedded, high performance or critical applications.
- 5+ years C or C++ experience.
- Thorough understanding of computer architecture, operating systems and networking.
- Experience working in a DO-178 environment.
- Experience developing products from concept to launch.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a self-directed manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time.
Reliable Robotics offers stock options, full employee medical, guaranteed 401k contribution, great co-workers and a casual work environment.