Position: Engineering Manager
Location: Remote anywhere in the US
Recent video to learn more about Spring's technology:
What you’ll do:
As a team, we are still small enough for your influence to be felt in every corner, and yet we're well established enough as a company that we are able to invest in our technology and focus on our growth. We're looking for an Engineering Manager that can help us build on our solid foundation and take advantage of the exciting opportunity ahead of us.
On the Creator Tools team we are looking for a technical leader with a growth mindset. In this role you’ll be leading our efforts to define, test and create new services for our creators. These services will become part of our recurring revenue strategy and help diversify our offerings.
What we're looking for:
One of the company's core values is problem-solving. We believe that a bias towards thoughtful action helps us explore opportunities and test theories quickly, so an engineer who relishes analyzing a difficult problem and moving quickly to solve it would be a good fit here. Balanced against that, in some areas of the code base we need to move deliberately and carefully where risk is higher. An engineer who can strike that balance—moving quickly when possible; moving with more care when required—would enjoy the challenges we face at Spring.
- 3 - 5 years of professional development experience using modern languages such as Ruby, Python, or NodeJS
- Experience with React, Serverless Stack, NextJS, GraphQL or Netlify are a plus
- 2 - 4 years of experience leading engineering teams with a track record of successful delivery
- Can work collaboratively across functional teams to understand the challenges of the business and communicate the bigger picture to an engineering team
- Has strong people skills and can successfully mentor, motivate, and inspire an engineering team
- Familiarity with distributed and highly available systems at scale.
- Experience designing and developing APIs.
- You are comfortable working with senior stakeholders (Director level and up), both technical and non technical.
- Is willing to advocate for their team, work to build an inclusive and diverse culture and be willing to suggest solutions to problems that our engineers face in their day to day work.
- Experience collaborating with external partners and vendors
- Hire and retain engineering talent
- Payment platform integration (Stripe / Paypal etc.) experience a plus