Government CIO is looking to add a Data Analytics Engineer for our nationally ranked Best and Brightest Workplace! The Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for designing and building business intelligence reports with the objective to identify and track critical metrics that drive business processes. Working with product owners, stakeholders, and subject matter experts, the Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the development and deployment of reporting solutions. These solutions will have significant impact on business processes and in most cases will be highly visible to end users and executive staff.
- Define KPIs, build automated dashboards, reports, and models to help teams make faster better decisions.
- Find actionable strategic insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, retention analyses and regression models to help us grow our products.
- Data storytelling: quantify user journeys to help identify opportunities to improve member outcomes and team productivity.
- Build Analysis Services reporting models
- Develop visual reports, dashboards and KPI scorecards
- Apply the application of security layer models
- Use advance level calculations on data sets
- Develop tabular and multidimensional models that are compatible with data warehouse standards
- Integrate reports into other applications using embedded analytics or by API automation
- Design and develop database objects, tables, stored procedures, views, triggers and SSIS packages
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Design and develop ETL processes that will transform a variety of raw data, flat files, xl spreadsheets into SQL Databases
- Extensive experience with reporting using Power BI
- Full understanding Business Intelligence Developer experience
- Well versed in the DAX Programming Language
- Experience with Power Query
- Ability to identify data discrepancies, irregularities, trends, and pattern
- Experience with Agile Methodologies
- In-depth knowledge of standard concepts, practices and procedures related to database management
- Experience coding complex stored procedures (using T-SQL)
- Experience of SQL queries, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) and SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Proven analytical problem solving and debugging skills
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving database integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues etc.
- Providing database support for development and deployment of database scripts in Development, Test, Pre-Production and Production environments
- Design and develop enterprise and departmental business intelligence and data warehousing solutions
- Performs ad-hoc analysis using T-SQL query language within the database systems using a process-oriented approach
- Understands the concept of Data marts and Data lakes and experience with migrating legacy systems to data marts/lake
- Uses additional cloud technologies (e.g. understands concept of Cloud services like Azure SQL server)
- Uses SQL Server Analysis Services to enhance existing, or develop new, OLAP cubes used in the EDW system
- Uses Multi-Dimensional Expression (MDX) query language to extract data from OLAP cubes for reporting and analytical purposes
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative fields
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Tools: 5-7 years
- Power BI: 3 -5 years DAX Programming
- MS SQL Development 5 - 7 Years
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.