Data Analyst Summer 2021 Intern
Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing (ARM) Institute
America relies on a robust and innovative domestic manufacturing sector to retain its leadership role in world affairs. The Advanced Robotics for Manufacturing Institute (ARM) is a public-private partnership dedicated to advancing new robotic technologies and education to secure national interests and to grow U.S. manufacturing.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, the mission of ARM is to empower American workers to compete with low-wage earners abroad, create and sustain new jobs, lower the barriers for companies of all sizes to adopt robotics technologies and assert U.S. leadership in advanced manufacturing.
ARM is searching for a data analyst summer intern to support the ARM team with market research, analysis and reporting needs for a new national capability, www.roboticscareer.org, as well as other analyses as needed by the organization. This is a dynamic opportunity in a non-profit organization for someone who thrives in an interesting and challenging work environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Analyze the current data repository of www.roboticscareer.org to determine where there are strengths and gaps in education offerings.
- Map these education offerings against manufacturers or robotics suppliers in those regions to determine best opportunities for partnership.
- Map to the government program request of assessing how the programs are benefiting DoD and other government agencies
- Based upon data analysis, help define metrics to rate communities relative to strengths and or gaps.
- Participate in other data analysis projects as requested by ARM.
- Candidates must be enrolled in college degree program and have completed the second year of college by the start of the summer internship program in one or more of the following disciplines: Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or Information Management.
- Undergraduate candidates must be working toward a 2-year or 4-year degree.
- Candidates must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 GPA scale.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
Qualifications and Skills
- Capacity to quickly learn and apply new concepts and technologies in a dynamic environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with business intelligence software a plus
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Exceptional problem-solving abilities; resourceful
- Willingness to work both independently and as part of a team
- Self-motivated, with the ability to organize and prioritize daily work
- Strong analytical and information organization skills, detail orientated
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and communication (written and verbal) skills
Timeframe and other Specifics
- Approximate 10-12 week internship starting no later than June 7, working normal daylight hours Monday-Thursday for a 25 hour/week role
- Position will be remote with daily interaction with ARM staff