C++ Engineer Small Trading Firm
Amsterdam RELOCATION PACKAGE, NO experience of finance needed.
Quant Capital is urgently looking for a Software Engineer with C++ experience to join our high profile client.
Our client is a well known global Prop Trading firm. They like technology especially the opensource variety as well as scalability and robust performance (much like their track record). They currently run around £2 billion in liquid capital.
This is an environment of google or a startup where tech is number 1 (£11million budget last year…). The firm is known globally for its attitudes and rigour more importantly, you will be surrounded by smart people deeply interested in teaching what they know, and in learning from you.
The developer will design, engineer and implement the Firm’s trading software in C++ and Java. They will work in close collaboration with research teams to architect, implement and analyze new automated electronic trading algorithms. The developer will play a key role in building and engineering the Firm’s software infrastructure to support new and existing lines of business. In addition, the developer will expand the Firm’s proprietary research platform to support new exchanges, products and functionality.
Their development team is 12 globally but you will be the only Engineer in Amsterdam joining 2 of the Tech Ops team.
The environment is that of Facebook or Google, relaxed open with time to think and make the right decisions. The atmosphere is calm and relaxed with an open dress code. This is a role for techies, those who are motivated by the sharp end of technology and the possibility of making serious money doing something you are passionate about.
Experience of financial services is not important to this position.
Software Engineers MUST have:
- Preferred degree in any mathematics, science, or computing related area (e.g., computer science, computer engineering, mathematics or physics)
- If non-mathematics, science, or computing related area degree, candidate must have extensive professional development experience
- Well-versed in the fundamentals of software engineering
- You must be excited about solving technical problems
- Strong ability to implement technical solutions
- Comfortable operating across many layers of abstraction
- Able to work autonomously
- Strong knowledge of the details of computing all throughout the technical stack
- Professional programming experience of two to three years preferred but not strictly necessary
- Superior ability to write in C++, or other statically-typed imperative programming language
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a growing trading business at a time of significant and interesting growth within the sector. You will gain massive exposure to trading infrastructure in a trading environment as well as learning data flows from Bloomberg and how a trading floor works. This is a UNIQUE opportunity, so much so if you are looking to trade in the future this is an opportunity to experience trading infrastructure in a small business.
My client is based in Amsterdam
They pay a bonus of 50 to 100% of salary as well as a relocation package.