How would you like to continually master new blockchains and command an army of blockchain node minions handling thousands of transactions weekly? In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining our backend blockchain infrastructure and extending it to support additional chains.
You will regularly learn about new types of blockchains, figure out how they work, and work to integrate them into our system. This role requires you to handle the full lifecycle of the blockchain integration, from the setup and orchestration of nodes to efficiently and securely automating payments transactions.
What you'll be doing:
- Integrate blockchains into our user payments system
- Setup and manage blockchain nodes and infrastructure, as necessary
- Manage the full life-cycle of the payments process: transaction creation, transmission, and state management
- Be part of the core team and make a significant impact in a fast-growing, VC-backed blockchain startup
You're a great fit if you:
- are fluent in Python with prior experience in building python backend applications.
- have experience with blockchain nodes and infrastructure; DevOps experience with Kubernetes and Docker.
- have experience with MySQL and ORMs like SQLAlchemy.
- understand information and data security.
- have painstaking attention to detail and take pride/ownership in your code and the quality of work you produce.
- are committed to development best practices.
- are resourceful and autonomous when taking on tasks, while at the same time able to collaborate closely with teammates.
- thrive working with emerging technologies like blockchain with little/no documentation.
- a fast learner and problem solver who is excited about the potential for crypto/blockchain technology to revolutionize the world.
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain and machine learning
- Join a remote-first, engineering-driven team with 30+ team members across 6 continents
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy