Interested in working for a fast-growing crypto startup based in Silicon Valley? Our team combines data science, blockchain engineering, and finance domain expertise to change the way the cryptocurrency market is traded. We maintain Hummingbot, the leading open-source crypto trading bot project with 100+ stars, 700+ forks, and 30,000+ installs.
We are looking for a backend API engineer who will apply his experience, known best practices, and pull out all stops to scale up and implement new features for our liquidity mining website API. You will be part of the core engineering team that will make Hummingbot and its related Liquidity Mining programs part of the critical infrastructure that keeps crypto markets running smoothly worldwide.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement new features and scalability improvements to the backend API for the Hummingbot Liquidity Mining website.
- Work closely with the rest of the Hummingbot engineering team to maintain high standards both in software quality and in team communications.
- Propose and discuss improvements in backend system architecture, esp. in scalability and efficiency aspects.
You're a great fit if you have / are:
- Fluent in Python, or prior experience in building and maintaining large scale backend API systems.
- Experience in designing, and developing large-scale, missing critical backend systems.
- Knowledge in common web backend technologies like SSL, MySQL, SQLAlchemy, Kubernetes, etc.
- Good sense of diagnosing logic and scalability issues in large-scale, distributed backend systems.
- Good communication skills and fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Be proactive - propose and implement solutions rather than wait for orders from management.
***Reference qualifications: engineer level L3/L4, E3/E4, ICT3 / ICT4, SDE / SDE II / Senior SDE - 60-63***
Perks at Hummingbot:
- Become a core member of an experienced Silicon Valley-based team that is well-connected in crypto, blockchain, and machine learning
- Join a remote-first, engineering-driven team with 50+ team members across 6 continents
- Competitive salaries
- Work hard, have fun culture
- International travel for conferences, team meet-ups/retreats
- Work schedule flexibility; unlimited vacation policy