The Associate IT Security Specialist is accountable for activities that ensure all users in the organization have the appropriate levels of access to applications, systems and data resources. Evaluates and maintains procedures to safeguard information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction. Ensures compliance with Security regulations and laws. Recommends and implements changes to enhance security controls and prevent unauthorized access.
- Responsible for the end-to-end completion of security requests
- Provisions user security roles and manages security groups across systems, platforms, databases, applications, servers, directors and folders
- Analyzes existing role structures to improve and streamline structures, security administration and improve end-user experience
- Creates or maintains application scripts and uses application specific tools to create or manage application security
- Tracks and documents security issues and requests, actively monitors work queue
- Plans, coordinates, communicates, tests and implements audits ensuring that access entitlements are appropriate for job requirements
- Creates and coordinates completion of detailed security reports to fulfill audit, management or business owner requirements
- Accountable for follow-up of all security work requests including collaborating with other IT areas to ensure timely completion/resolution and obtainment of appropriate approval levels
- Interfaces with users to understand new capabilities, implement procedures, ensure security procedures have been communicated properly and are being adhered to
- Provides input to drive process improvements
- Maintains and creates operational procedures and maintains Security Knowledge Base
- Performs system monitoring activities, identification and evaluation of security threats, breaches and vulnerabilities
- Responds to security alerts
- Responsible for on-call release support
- Performs audit support activities for internal and external audits.
Required Work Experience:
2+ years related work experience. Experience Details: Professional experience with IT security or systems administration
High school diploma or GED
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Working knowledge of Information Technology fields and computer systems
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to change and collaborate as part of a team
- Ability to manage tasks independently without close supervision and take ownership of responsibilities
- Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback to improve performance
- Demonstrate initiative and effective independent decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately
- Understanding of the systems development life cycle
- Basic security knowledge of the organization's existing platforms, systems, databases, and application security and are able to handle most regular issues independently.
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving, and quantitative analysis ability.
- Must have an understanding of Information Security concepts, protocols, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Active Directory groups and user accounts, Windows folder structures and folder security.
- Proficiency with Windows skills are required, e.g., Windows Explorer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Understanding of UNIX/Linux security and tools used to administer security in these environments
- Understanding of LDAP groups and user accounts and tools used to administer security in this environment
- Understanding of database security and be proficient with the use of tools used to administer security within the various databases, e.g., UDB, DB2, SQL and Oracle
Bachelor’s degree in a related field
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
•Experience using Agile methodology
- Experience scripting and web application development using REACT, node and similar
- Experience with basic web application vulnerability remediation techniques
General Physical Demands:
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veteran/Disabled.