Facebook's Enterprise Engineering team develops and maintains scalable products that power the enterprise. EE AIOR team focuses on developing scientific models to bring step-level improvements in efficiency and scalability across the entire suite of enterprise products. We are currently looking for applied research scientists with experience building scalable production systems that leverage scientific techniques such as Machine Learning, Computer Vision, Natural Language Understanding, Optimization, or Simulation.As a member of Enterprise Engineering, you will play a key role in reimagining productivity by shipping transformative products that serve diverse aspects of the enterprise. This is a full-time position based in our Menlo Park office.
- Build pragmatic, scalable, and rigorous scientific solutions to drive enterprise productivity by leveraging or developing state of the art machine learning and optimization methodologies on top of Facebook's unparalleled data infrastructure
- Apply excellent communication skills in order to develop cross-functional partnerships and spread scientific best practices
- Be able to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams across the company, including scientists, engineers, designers, data engineers, and product managers to accomplish complex tasks and build scalable tools that deliver step-level gains to the enterprise
- Think creatively, proactively, and futuristically to identify new opportunities that will grow the enterprise’s long-term roadmap and bring productivity gains for the enterprise
- Ph.D. degree in computer science, operations research, electrical engineering, statistics, math, quantitative finance, physics, and related fields, or MS degree with 4+ years of experience developing and supporting models in production
- 2+ years experience in building models and developing algorithms for machine learning, statistics, mathematical programming, and simulation
- 2+ years experience in modeling and analyzing up to petabytes of data using R or Python
- Experience to initiating and driving applied research projects to completion with minimal guidance
- Experience communicating applied research work to technical and non-technical audience
- Experience in lower level languages such as C++, Java
- Experience in scalable dataset assembly/data wrangling, such as Presto, Hive or Spark
- Familiarity with enterprise-wide application development life-cycle
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-REMOTE