F2’s Security team is seeking a passionate product security engineer who derives purpose in life by revealing potential weaknesses and then crafting creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses. Your skills will be the foundation of security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of F2. You will be relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions.F2 (Facebook Financial) is a product group at Facebook focused on building products to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to the world’s financial system to accelerate financial inclusion and economic empowerment.
- Provide security guidance on a constant stream of new products and technologies
- Identify, resolve, and prevent vulnerabilities in partnership with internal and external teams
- Partner with Security, Engineering, and Business functions to analyze, assess, and respond to various security threats
- Collaborate with engineering and conduct regular security assessments such as broader technical reviews and deeper code reviews
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Relevant work experience with experience contributing at both strategic and tactical levels
- Technical experience across various product security areas including web applications, mobile, infrastructure, cryptography, etc.
- Experience with software development in one or more languages (Rust, Python, C/C++, PHP, etc.)
- Experience with security software development lifecycle in a fast-pace environment
- Proven communication skills and leads by influence across all levels
- Experience translating technical concepts into language for broad technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience understanding threats and ensuring security and privacy on the internet
- Experience contributing to the security community (public research, blogging, presentations, etc.
- Experience in the financial industry, FinTech, and/or cryptocurrency space
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.#LI-REMOTE
Remote Tech Jobs